“good late night eats”

Ranked #273 of 1,172 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: we are located right next to Detroit Institute of America in Midtown Detroit. We have free four hours parking structure. We serve sushi, korean,japanese. in addition, we operate full bar.Mon-Fri eleven thirty AM - eleven thirty PM (kitchen close at ten forty five PM)Saturday twelve PM - eleven thirty PM (kitchen close at ten forty five PM)Sunday twelve PM - ten PM (kitchen close at nine thirty PM)
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Amazing sushi and Korean food. We went in because it was the only place open around 9pm on Sunday, but was pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Quick service. A lot options. Nice place to go for a quick lunch. Average sushi. Convenient and within walking distance of the museum. Resonable prices.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I do not mean to be a sushi snob but I do believe that it should not make you feel ill. This did. I felt quite ill the night I ate it and the day after. I love sushi but I will save it for when I am on the coast where it tends to be fresher.
Of course, having dinner with someone who is commenting on my "bait" did not help.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

perfect spot before or after seeing a film at the Detroit Film Theater or visiting the DIA,
casual setting and an extensive menu, do yourself a favor and visit their website and examine
all they offer because there is a lot to choose from plus you'll see photos of the various dishes.
dumplings and rice noodles with broth delicious. loved this place and will return

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have habituated this restaurant for a number of years, as it is close to my work place, Wayne State University in Detroit. I have gone there with colleagues, and with family and friends, both for lunch and for dinner. My two most recent visits were 3 NOV 12 and 9 FEB 13, both times for dinner, the first with friends, the second with family and friends. The restaurant is located in the Park-Shelton building in "Mid-Town" Detroit, just across from the Detroit Institute of Arts, and close to several museums, the Detroit Public Library, and Wayne State. If you park in the immediately adjacent secure, lighted structure, you can get get your ticket stamped for a two hour stay and have no charge. The place is unassuming in decor, but friendly and convivial. I prefer to dine in the interior courtyard (the Park Shelton used to be a hotel before being converted to a condominium) rather than in the interior restaurant. The menu features both Korean and Japanese cuisine. I prefer the Sushi and Sashimi. Everything is very fresh and of course made to order. That means that it may take a bit of time for your order to get to the table, especially if (as in my last two visits) there are several diners. But the wait is well worth it!. We most recently have ordered the Caterpillar roll, the Dragon Roll, the Dungeon Dragon Roll, and the "Chef's Special" (comes on a model Junk) among others. All excellent in preparation, presentation, and in taste. The wine list is good-sized but modest, with excellent wines at very reasonable prices (NOT the usual restaurant rip-off). Service is polite and accommodating w/o being unctuous or overly attentive.

Been to Wasabi? Share your experiences!