“Great vegetarian restaurant!”

Ranked #49 of 1,316 Restaurants in Detroit
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Best burrito ever! The service was great! The place has many seating options. Outside and inside. The dessert was not mu favorite but we had a great experience!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although SEVA’s food is vegetarian most of it is prepared in a deep-fried manner that is certainly not healthy. Nonetheless, being vegetarian and working close to SEVA in midtown Detroit I used to have light lunches with friends on a summer day when we could sit out on the patio. Inside the restaurant the hygiene has always been questionable, i.e., sticky floors, filthy air, greasy silver wear and dirty tables, therefore we have been avoiding this area. Some customers even found bugs on the tables. The parking lot of the restaurant is beyond criticism; the surface is just dirt, mud and potholes filled with water. If you park there on a rainy day, you will be lucky to get into the restaurant without mud all over your shoes and clothes. Recently, my husband and I decided to have early dinner in SEVA. We had a horrible experience! The waitress was rude, definitely not customer-oriented and was not helpful with the food selection at all. Given the questionable hygiene, it should not come to you as a surprise that there was hair in the food we ordered. On top of it, the waitress overcharged us in the end for services we did not consume. The owner was supposed to contact us with apologies about the hair in the food and the overcharges but this had never happened. We will never visit SEVA again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Great Food, tried the meatless burger with yam fries, DELICIOUS! Location is a little difficult to find. Dont give up.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

It was a bit hard for my GPS to find this place, as it faces a pedestrian walkway that is between and perpendicular to two streets. On-street parking was free. I arrived before they opened Sunday, but staff very quickly accommodated the many people already waiting when they opened at noon sharp.

My server was fast and friendly. I ordered the garbanzo spinach salad, which had a generous helping of sliced avocado on top. Really delicious. The patio is lovely, tucked away from street traffic next to the cobalt walls of the building that are such a striking backdrop for the deep orange lilies blooming by the entrance.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019

I am not vegan, but I was celebrating a birthday here for someone who is vegan. Vegan food is actually really good; I am not sure why society has negative stereotypes about vegan food.

The menu was really easy to follow. Not all of the options on the menu are vegan, but majority of them are; however, some have the option to be made vegan and some are not offered as vegan.

The Spinach Dip (not offered to be made vegan) was the first thing on the appetizer menu, and I was instantly sold on it. It was a great choice; the Parmesan and asiago cheeses used in it were rich in taste. I also ordered the Vegan Nacho Dip. This was my first time trying a spicy cashew "cheese" dip. It was light and if I were told it was vegan, I would not have known. Both appetizers came with their house-made corn chips. The corn chips were a bit dry. If not for the dips tasting so good, I would not have had the corn chips.

On my way there, I was craving mac & cheese, and I do not know why. It is not often that I have mac & cheese. The entrées menu had Baked Mac & Cheese (not vegan). It was made with creamy Gruyere and sharp white cheddar. Anytime I have had mac & cheese in the past, it has always been with yellow types cheese. I could not pass this up. It was creamy, cheesy, and it was delicious. It came with garlic bread, and oh my goodness, I do not think I can ever buy garlic bread from the store again. It was super "garlicy" and perfectly crunchy.

Something that got to me here is the portions when comparing the appetizer sizes versus the entrée size. I personally think it was backwards. The appetizers were a larger portion placed in a smaller plate, while the Baked Mac & Cheese was a smaller portion placed in a giant plate. I would ave been a little more satisfied if the Baked Mac & Cheese was more than what it was.

Date of visit: July 2019

Been to Seva? Share your experiences!