“Accessible good vegetarian healthy food in Detroit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Seva

Seva
Ranked #46 of 1,095 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Accessible good vegetarian healthy food in Detroit!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm very happy that Seva invested in Detroit and filled a need for healthy vegetarian food centrally located within city boundaries. Despite media reports, there are lots of Detroiters (yes, Black ones too) that seek and live a healthy lifestyle. Seva makes it easier for us to do that. Good food with quality ingredients. Nice indoor space and patio. A must try for foodies and those that care about what they eat.

• Visited September 2013

Warren, Michigan
“Great new addition to the Mid-town area.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I’ve walked past this place numerous times, and never realized that fifty feet south of East Forest Avenue down the old alley, was not another Art Gallery, but in fact a wonderful clone of the Ann Arbor vegetarian restaurant. I met a couple of friends there for lunch and it was a great find for me because I work only a half-a-block from the restaurant at the VA Hospital. My friends were coming from downtown Detroit and were pleasantly surprised to find free off-the-street-parking.
I’m not a vegetarian, but I try to eat healthy and gluten-free. I found menu choices that could please anyone. I had the general tso’s cauliflower, some yam fries and the spinach enchiladas for the main course. The coffee was good and hot.
The service was just right, not hovering but there when you needed something.
We ate on the patio and it was very nice (except for the bee’s – but they got eat too.)
I would definitely come back here.

• Visited August 2013
Northville, Michigan
“Great food, TERRIBLE service (with an attitude)”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Seva means "service" or "selfless service," the people who work here may want to think about that.
I have eaten here a few times and the food is really outstanding (ok, the fries were cold, but good).
You will ask your server for something again and again and just never receive it. You have to get up and go get it yourself.
And if you ask questions about their unique menu you will be met with condescension and impatience. Not everyone is familiar with vegan and vegetarian ingredients! Don’t be a jerk about it! Pretentious, lazy, and condescending perfectly describes the wait staff.
I recommend the food but that’s it. Bring your PATIENCE.

• Visited August 2013
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Exciting and unique”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Seva has great food. As vegetarians, there are many options and our server was happy to make suggestions, which turned out to be excellent. He also went out of his way to check ingredients for us. The dishes are unusual and well-presented and tasty. The outdoor seating is pleasant if the weather is nice, but inside is nice also. A bit pricey but worth it. The best deal seems to be the happy hour selections.

• Visited July 2013
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Terrible service, great food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm glad to see that my experience at Seva is the exception and not the rule because the food we had (general tsao cauliflower, pad Thai, and squash enchiladas) were really delicious. The service we received, however, was dismal. The waiter was perfectly friendly, but terrible at his job. We waited 15 minutes after being seated to be greeted. At that time, the waiter asked if we wanted to put in both a appetizer and drink order so that he didn't need to come back. It took forever to get these items as it did to get the mains and eventually the check. He seemed to wait so as to bring many tables worth of food and drink at once. Very frustrating! But again, the food was great so we'll give it another whirl!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Seva? Share your experiences!