“Good Food, Poor Service”
Review of Hudson Cafe

Hudson Cafe
Ranked #21 of 1,173 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited on Sunday morning of Labor Day weekend. The restaurant is very noisy and service is both slow and inept (the waitress never failed to reach across us to grab something on the table). The food was good although it arrive lukewarm because of the poor service.The hash was good, the poached eggs runny.

This place might be worth a try when it's less crowded. The potential is there.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Love this place. I visit every time I'm staying downtown. Great location on Woodward with a few outdoor tables. The food is amazing. Check my pic of the spinach benedict. Yum. And most importantly, the service is great. I went in June with a friend from Seattle and returned in July and the server remembered me. Outstanding!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped in here for brunch, and everything sounded so good. It was hard to choose. I got the huevos rancheros, and my husband got the corn beef hash. The portions were HUGE! We could have easily shared a single meal and likely had leftovers. Next time, we'll definitely do that. The food was good, and the service quick. I'd come again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

It took me forever to order, but I went for the Monte Cristo. Incredible. And while I waited I seen a lot of other dishes (breakfast & lunch) that I have got to come back for. Oh my gosh. Drool worthy!
Service was great, the cafés atmosphere is very clean (minus the bathroom), modern and comfortable and they have a few tables outside too. They're only open for breakfast and lunch and seems like it would be very busy most times of the day, especially on the weekends. I went on a Thursday around 11 and got right in but it was still pretty busy with a Tigers game in town at 1.
Really though, I will always come back every time I'm in Detroit. It was sooooo good!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Saw the menu online and knew I had to try this place. Worst part is that every thing sounds so good it's hard to decide what to get. I went with the Huevos Rancheros and it was excellent! !! I will be back to try one of the french toast options when I'm back in town.