“One of the best dining experiences of my life!”
Review of Joe Muer Seafood

Joe Muer Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Muer Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,144 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson Avenue
Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We arrived and were brought to sit at a table along the window viewing the beautiful riverfront facing Caesars Windsor. Our waiter Alyssa was top notch. I will recommend her to anyone. She just recently finished her last exam and is now a CWP. (Certified Wine Professional) Her passion for showing you the best wine for your buck is pretty impressive. The food was excellent. I ordered the 14oz New York Steak, and my wife ordered the "Surf and Surf" (South African lobster tail and crab legs) We had the macaroni and cheese, and the the blue crab potato as sharing side orders. This place is definitely in the high price range but it truly makes you feel like "you get what you pay for." The perfect place for a special occasion.The staff are in white jackets and bow tie, there was a piano player and the view was perfect. The desserts looked to die for but we had to pass this time because we were so full. All in all, a wonderful experience. We will be back and we will definitely request Alyssa as our waiter again.

1  Thank Carlo G

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The restaurant is very convenient if you are staying at the Marriott or visiting the Renaissance Center. The food was good, but pricey. I enjoyed the seafood tower but I've had better dover sole.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife, father, daughter and son-in-law had lunch, as a celebration of my wife's birthday mad my daughter's "white coat" ceremony for starting medical school. The treatment we received was special, the help made a big deal of both occasions, treating both my wife and daughter to special drinks to start the meal and a huge piece of carrot cake (my wife's favourite) for desert.
The food was delicious, soups and salads and meals were perfectly spaced apart, and the oysters were 'to-die-for'.
We will definitely return!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Went for a business dinner with my boss, and his boss. Nice view of the river. Piano player, music, busy, not the best for conversations, but still fun. Watch out for upselling. We had a very nice, young waitress, who refused to take our order as we placed it. We wanted a particular bottle of wine, she told us she was going to bring something nicer, but didn't tell us it was $50 more per bottle. "Try it, it is wonderful"!! We wanted an appetizer, shrimp cocktail, she said "I am going to make you my special appetizer"! She brought more than what we ordered, added some scallops. We thought this was at no charge. We asked for salads and soup, and she "upgraded" them. Said the dining experience would be "enhanced" by HER recommendations, "if you don't like it, I will take off the bill"... We thought we were ordering off the menu, she said "add this and add that" , way more food than we needed... She was very sweet, but a bit over the top. The bill was MUCH higher than we would have expected. Again, she was very sweet, but at the end of the night, the bill was way more than we expected. I didn't want to make a big deal in front of my bosses, so I paid the bill and tip. Don't fall for what I did.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I went here for lunch, the service was fast food quality good. The service personal very friendly. For the level of appearance they give I would of expected higher quality of food. The food was not bad but when I compare this to other four starI restaurants I don't feel it was as good. The views are incredible and a fun resturant.