“Overpriced”
Review of Joe Muer Seafood

Joe Muer Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Muer Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,138 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson Avenue
Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'm a definite foodie who doesn't mind spending a fair amount for good food and good service. That said, I felt completely ripped off after my visit to Joe Muer's. We ordered the 'special' and were completely shocked with the bill when it arrived. $90 for a lobster tail? Really? And it WASN'T the best lobster I'd ever eaten as promised by the wait staff. The food was definitely good but nothing special or creative and definitely not worth the cost. The service, I will say, was amazing. But still didn't make up for the ridiculous prices. Would not visit again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A few weeks back my husband, myself and another couple met for dinner. They had picked Joe Muers. In the last several months I had eaten here 3 or 4 time and always enjoyed it and kept meaning to write about it on TripAdvisor so here it is...
The service was wonderful. Our server had actually been at the original Muers on Gratiot back in the day, so he really knew what he was doing and made some great recommendations.The food was amazing. We all had something different and of course traded tastes of each other meals.
I highly recommend the sole. For dessert, they have this amazing coconut cake that is to die for!

The bar is great as well. We had arrived a bit earlier than our friends so we had a cocktail at the bar while waiting. The bartender was a transplant to Detroit. Very friendly and very interested in the history of the Muer family and the city itself (which I never tire of talking about). Plus she made a mean dirty martini!

Also, tough to beat the view.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My friend & I celebrated her birthday here & it was great. While the food is expensive and tastes good, the true value of the experience may be the service. If you think you have had good service before, try Joe Muer's and see how good it can be.

I mentioned when we started to order that it was my friend's birthday, so when the waiter brought out her desert (see photo) it was designed for her special day including a candle. This was the frosting on the cake of a great meal.

This with being seated by a window to see the Detroit River & Canada (Windsor) made it a great night.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Loved this place. Great atmosphere. The staff were all energetic. The whole place had a great vibe. We just had drinks and appetizers before dining elsewhere. We came back for dessert. AMAZING wine list, both by the glass and the bottle. The desserts still call out to me. SO YUM~!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is by far my most favorite restaurant in Detroit. We go there every chance we get. The river front view is spectacular and the food is by far the best around.