“Great Food, But Pricey”
Review of Joe Muer Seafood

Joe Muer Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Muer Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,122 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson Avenue
Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
Houston, Texas
“Great Food, But Pricey”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I ended up here largely because not much was open when I arrived at the Marriott Renaissance Center late on a Sunday. Glad I did. The complimentary white bean appetizer was delicious and could have been a meal if served in a larger portion. My lobster corn dog appetizer ($18 for two pieces) and fried shrimp entree ($25) were great. The best was the coconut cream cake dessert, which my waiter told me was the restaurant's signature dish. Definitely worth saving room for. Biggest downsides were the service -- very slow, even though the restaurant was not busy -- and the price. Total bill including tip and non-alcoholic beverage was $71, which I found high for an appetizer, seven shrimp and french fries, and a piece of cake. All in all I enjoyed dinner, but given the prices would not be a regular here.

Sanibel Island, Florida
“Great food, spectacular view but too loud to think or talk”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had Saturday night reservations and as soon as our party of four was seated we knew there would be no conversation - it was that loud. The hostess told me she had no quieter tables. We mulled that over, on the verge of leaving - yes, it was that loud and even the prospect of great food couldn't overcome the lack of hearing, when we spotted a table on the patio . I hustled back to the hostess stand and asked for a table outside and they sat us immediately. I should not have had to ask, the hostess should have offered that option the first time I asked.

The patio was perfect, Walter our waiter was a delight and a bottle of champagne later, all was right with the world. The Ceviche was refreshing, the seared tuna tasty and finished to perfection and the perch was wonderful. Don't pass up the key lime pie, better than any we've had in Florida.

A great place, just don't go on a Saturday night unless you like to holler or don't desire conversation

Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great view of the Detroit River but restaurant was loud and service was just adequate even though it wasn't crowded. Fish itself was delicious but what came with it was odd (not tasty) and price was high for ala carte lunch. We were really hoping for something special.

Huntington Woods, Michigan
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went to Joe Muer last night for our anniversary. We sat on the patio which was the best part of the entire experience. We were craving the cold seafood tower, what a joke! For $25/person this is what we received on a platter; 2 shrimp(really?), 4 puny mussels, 4 smallish oysters, two small pieces of crab leg, the smallest lobster tale I have ever see- literally two bites, and a rubbery ceviche that I couldn't eat. We don't often spend $100 on dinner and when we do we would like it to be special, this was not! Go to Flemings ( a steakhouse) or Mitchell's for the cold seafood tower. We will not go back to Joe Muer, what a ripoff!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Hot Dog! This place has the BEST Servicers of all time!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went there for lunch July 2nd. Not only is the place elegant, but the staff is fantastic and wears white blazers. They are very helpful! The food is great but frankly it should be ( and was) with the prices, Established in 1929 for Heaven's sake. Let me just talk about the atmosphere. The seating was spectacular- huge booths. Walls with water front views and a large patio that faced the water and you could see Canada! We ordered champagne-ate oysters- and some fish. It was great! They have entertainment (piano) at nights and I would return if I lived there. :( I really enjoyed this place a lot!