“Muer is Back!”
Review of Joe Muer Seafood

Joe Muer Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Muer Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,138 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson Avenue
Transit: People Mover station at Renaissance Center available for connecting with Joe Louis, Cobo Hall, Greektown, etc.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a great dinner on Saturday night. Food was very good, presentation and ambience outstanding. Very attentive service by Saed. I would reccomend asking to sit in the back end of the dining room. It has great views of the river and the lighting is good. Try their signature cocktail called "the D"

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My sweetheart & I dined at Joe Muer Seafood on Saturday, January 26th. We both started with the Lobster Bisque ($8.00). The lobster is served in a bowl, then our server poured the soup over it. I really liked this presentation, because I could see how much lobster I was actually getting. We both thought the bisque was good, but certainly not the best we had ever had. I ordered the Crab Stuffed Atlantic Flounder ($29.00) which is served with a Grainy Mustard Beurre Blanc Sauce. The fish and stuffing were both delicious. I had ordered the sauce on the side, but it was not served that way. Fortunately, I actually liked the sauce, so I did not send it back. Jim ordered the Black Cod Special ($45.00) which he thought was excellent. For dessert I had the Chocolate Torte ($9.00) which was just okay. Jim had the Apple Pastry ($10.00) which he thoroughly enjoyed, but thought it would be even better if served with ice cream.

The service was very good. Our server, Shadat was very professional and attentive without being intrusive. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our first dining experience at Joe Muer Seafood.

1  Thank OUTCRUISIN2610
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The food was amazing! We had the best server and a beautiful few of Canada. This is a restaurant that we will be visiting when we visit Detroit again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Took my family here for a special night on the town. it is a great place and spectactular view of the waterfront. But the food is very average. Not very creative. Solid. I suspect this place appeals more to people who exect something from the Muer name. But I think dining has evolved way past this place. I would say it was ok for a decent dinner but the cost is such that for that much money I want a really good meal.

1  Thank Houston_Eriol
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to Muers for lunch yesterday. Service was outstanding but the food was lacking. I ordered the lobster corn dog and it was loaded with grease. Very small amount of actual lobster and was served with a tasty side of slaw for $19.00. For lunch I ordered the fish special overall the present attain was beautiful and the accompaniments were spot on. My biggest problem was the amount of oil on the dish and it was extremely salty. For me to complain about the salt it had to be over salted/seasoned. The rest of the party enjoyed their lunches. I will go back and give them a shot to redeem themselves.

1  Thank Tracey C