Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Atheneum(Detroit)
  • Breakfast included
1,716 results
All reviewsfood courtvolt barpeople moverren cencoach insigniathe concierge loungecvs pharmacyhigh riseview of the rivergeneral motorsacross the rivergm headquartershigh floorjazz festivallarge hotelfloor to ceiling windowslobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Basically was there for conference but it is an amazing hotel--who knows how longit will stay in business as it is directly connected to GM!!!--the overhead tram is connected so it makes easy access to the Casino district--I didn't have to pay for it but I imagine it was around 120-140 a night--good luck

Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We reserved a deluxe room 2 weeks before we got married for our wedding night on Saturday, February 13th. We were to have a king bed, a bottle of sparkling wine and the breakfast buffet on the highest floor available overlooking the river. When we arrived, they told us they didn't have a king available, just 2 double beds and that the sparkling wine was only non-alchoholic and not very good. They said they could give us either a bottle of Chardonnay or Merlot. We choose Chardonnay. They sent Cabernet Sauvignon.

It was not a deluxe room, it was very small with just a chair. The double beds sunk in the middle(we tried both and did sleep in the same bed-after all, it was our wedding night), I didn't sleep much. I wanted a bath but there was soap scum in the tub so I took a shower.

On the positive side, we did get our buffet breakfast which was very good. We were on the 67th floor(Room 6723), overlooking the river and the city and it was beautiful, but the room was not worth the $217 we paid for it. On top of this, we paid $20 for their parking structure.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2010

We stayed for one night for my birthday. Usually we would eat at the Coach Insignia on the 72nd floor of the Ren Cen and then head back home. I'm so glad we stayed! Everything was very nice from the helpful staff to the very comfortable, clean room. The kids (7 & 9) really enjoyed it also and were thrilled at the view from our room on the 58th floor. It made for a nice relaxing evening. I hope we can do the same next year.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveVacations
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I took my grandson to the 2010 North American International Auto Show in Detroit as a Christmas present. This hotel was chosen online because it was close to the show, close to the city's People Mover, had good reviews, and was reasonably priced. When my grandson and I got there, we were immediately impressed by the futuristic first floor lobby of the GM headquarters building (we had entered from Jefferson St.), the GM car displays, and the high atrium. The Marrott Hotel part of the experience from the parking valet through checkout was excellent. The staff was helpful and very courteous. The facility was really clean and in good repair. The room was a little on the smallish side but adequate in size and also very clean. Bedding was terriffic! A food court in the lower level provded budget-priced dining opportunities. Fitness center equipment is all LifeCycle and looks new. I would have liked to have had free internet access in the room (paid $12.95 for wired connection).

The Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center will be a weekend getaway destination for my wife and I.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherm B
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I was very excited to spend my last weekend in the Detroit area with friends at the RenCenter in downtown Detroit. I had been staying at a wonderful Marriott in Pontiac for 3 months. From the moment we arrived, I was disappointed in this hotel. You have to walk what felt like a mile to the front desk for check-in! On our way up to our room, there was "riff raff" following us and we felt generally unsafe. There were no restaurants open for us to eat lunch so we ended up eating at the Burger King in the depressing food court downstairs. The riverwalk outside was lovely and the main reason for our trip - to visit the restaurant, Roast, was exceptional, but we checked out of this hotel and Detroit altogether as soon as possible on Sunday morning. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends