Just returned from a two night stay at the Detroit Marriott at the Ranaissance Center and found it to be usual Marriott experience......no complaints.
Arrived on Sunday Jan 18 and was immediately upgraded to a two room suite on the 63rd floor for the same $79 rate I booked for a standard room. The room was ready early and was clean as always. The views were fantastic, we overlooked the Detroit River and Windsor,
There is some construction ongoing in the main lobby but it wasn't intrusive. The lobby bar, Volt, was relaxing and offered nice food and good drink. The breakfast buffet in 42 North was ok.
Many have complained about the Ren Cen being bare and open....while it is a bit difficult to navigate at first it's not a big deal. Many need to realize this isn't pat of the actual hotel.
Access to the People Mover is easy and less than a 3 minute walk without having to go outside in the cold. We took it to the autoshow, which also was an indoor station at the Cobo Center. All in all, this was an above average location in the heart of Detroit. We;ll definately return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring 73 floors above the Detroit River, the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is ideally located in downtown Detroit, situated on the RiverWalk and next to Hart Plaza. The hotel is within the GM Renaissance Center, which provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Detroit "People Mover" public transportation system enables guests to visit top attractions that surround the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views highlight our hotel rooms, while a reinvented lobby boasts functional seating and business friendly amenities in a trendy setting. Delight in the stylishly urban ambiance of Volt, and enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit