I had stayed at this property on a lower floor in early 2013 for a conference, and this was a return visit for pleasure where we were taking in a Tiger game. The hotel has a 'Grand Slam' baseball package, which provides room, valet parking, breakfast for 2 adults (and up to 2 children) along with $20 in 'Comerica $' which is about $90 worth of 'extras'. With the People Mover attached, and a station at Grand Circus Park, getting to the game was a snap. I had requested a higher level room and we were on the 55th floor with a nice view of the river, Cobo Hall and the tunnel to Canada was right below us. We overly enjoyed Volt, and ran into some fellow Yoopers - small world. This room appeared to have been updated recently, the bed was great, the bathroom was also well appointed, good water pressure, nice amenities. The only issue we had was the room was close to the elevator and we could hear everything in the hallway. Unfortunately, we had a wedding party on the floor who were loud. Our game was the next day, and we were able to store our luggage and the valet parking did not cost extra. Breakfast was awesome. I think that one thing that could have been a little better was check-in, as there was quite a line and somebody took a break which didn't help things move quicker. Otherwise, all the staff we met were all friendly. I think for some folks, the sheer size of the facility will be hard for people to take and navigate. But we are already planning our next game trip and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring 73 floors above the Detroit River, the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is ideally located in downtown Detroit, situated on the RiverWalk and next to Hart Plaza. The hotel is within the GM Renaissance Center, which provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Detroit "People Mover" public transportation system enables guests to visit top attractions that surround the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views highlight our hotel rooms, while a reinvented lobby boasts functional seating and business friendly amenities in a trendy setting. Delight in the stylishly urban ambiance of Volt, and enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit