The Marriott Renaissance is a big complex, you come off the street on one floor check in on another then on from there. The parking is valet or the self parking is across the street at the garage for $20 a day. The garage doesn't have in and out privileges but the people mover has a stop in the building and local of the hotel can make the garage a better choice. Checking in is easy with plenty of friendly staff. After check out the walk to the rooms can be a pain sometimes with everyone trying to jam in the narrow hallway for the elevators. Once to your floor walking through the circular halls is something different and provides nice views of the river and Canada or the city depending on type of room you get. The rooms are clean and spacious with floor to ceiling windows. My only complaint about the room is house keeping. I put a don't disturb sign on the door because I left my cameras out. When I returned the sign was removed and the room was entered. That was my only grip with this property. Outside the hotel it's within walking distance of Greektown and the stadiums, or jump on the people mover that stops at the hotel. The riverwalk provides a enjoyable walk or just sit and people watch. I've stayed at other properties in Detroit but the this one is my favorite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring 73 floors above the Detroit River, the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is ideally located in downtown Detroit, situated on the RiverWalk and next to Hart Plaza. The hotel is within the GM Renaissance Center, which provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Detroit "People Mover" public transportation system enables guests to visit top attractions that surround the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views highlight our hotel rooms, while a reinvented lobby boasts functional seating and business friendly amenities in a trendy setting. Delight in the stylishly urban ambiance of Volt, and enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit