Review Highlights
Great Walk

The RiverFront is a wonderful place for a stroll. There is a small state part frequented by local... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
sisterida
Onsted, Michigan
That's Canada over there!

I'm an avid hiker/walker and work in the RenCen so on nice days, I make it a point to get out on... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Michelle G

Recommended experiences in and around Detroit
from $29.00
from $21.75
from $75.00
from $89.00
1,331 results
All reviews detroit river across the river the river walk nice walk rent a bike beautiful river renaissance center milliken state park great place to walk river front gm building hart plaza chene park dequindre cut ambassador bridge jazz festival ren cen
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2014

It was a beautiful evening the night of our visit and it was pleasant to stroll along the waterfront. It's not super clean and it would be nice to have some eating options closer.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank MaryBethP474
Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

The wonderful view and a great job with river walkway. I had great time I had not been down to riverfront in years. The sight and attraction were beautiful well done.
My granddaughters enjoy playing in water fountain up and down. Festival and live music with different activity. I Will go back next year.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Dorothy S
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Our condo has access to the Riverwalk and we love to walk or bike the length of it. It has gives you access to the Dequindre Cut for biking as well. We like to walk to Chene Park or Rattlesnake Club and never have to move the car. Great views and always a breeze.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank Marguerite H
Reviewed November 3, 2014

I often visit the RiverFront. The water is so peaceful, I've rented bikes from "Wheelhouse", right on the walk. It's been extended to the Westside of Jefferson, where more people seem to go for fishing, since it's not as busy as the main section. No matter the season you go, you'll always find someone exercising....running,biking walking and there is a group that meets twice a week for group exercise. It's a carousel for the children, a beach volleyball court and a nice marsh. Many of our local festivals are held here. There's a statue exhibit, telling of the underground railroads, from Canada to America and other outdoor art exhibits. If you ever come to Detroit, it's worth the visit in the heart of Downtown!!

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank TravelgirlKim
Reviewed November 2, 2014

Detroit has done a SUPER job in restoring their waterfront. I'm a native Detroiter that now lives in Chicago. I recently returned for a reunion with my cousins and we enjoyed a stroll along the waterfront. I have never seen the waterfront look as it good as it does now.

We enjoyed hot dogs for lunch at a stand that was near the parking area. They also have installed a beautiful merry go-round. The bathrooms were also very clean.

Go and enjoy a beautiful walk in a city that is coming back!

Date of experience: August 2014