“Great hospitality”

Roberts Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was here for a large conference, which must have been a huge challenge for the staff to manage. They rose to the challenge and were quick to respond to needs and courteous in doing so. The rooms were lovely and very cozy, and we had a great view of the river. Thanks to the Roberts Riverwalk!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Riverwalk hotel is a wonderful alternative to chain hotels in that it offers lovely room, views, and a feeling of old-world elegance. The hotel harkens back to the time in Detroit where beautiful architecture, a vibrant city, and a path along to the river to stroll made coming to the city an exciting event. The staff is helpful, pleasant, and responsive. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room 323 - it is an amazing room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BK1
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The staff was great. They were always available when needed. The building was not in the best shape. Key card system was down the whole time we were there. Staff had to let us in the building and had to meet us at our room to let us in. We only had 10 cable channels in our first room. Our room had to be changed because someone was smoking in the next room. When they changed our room the first time, there was someone staying in the room already. The next room change had a lot of channels, however the room was cold. My wife slept in her coat half the night. When we reserved our room, breakfast was included with the reservation. When we got up the next morning, they told us that they don't serve breakfast anymore. We were not happy with our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is my second stay here!! Yeah, i know, I deserve it. First stay last year the keys to rooms did not work, This year, YES, the key to rooms did NOT work. If you are tall you will bend to wash your hair in shower, since shower head is at chest level!!!!
Loud, Noisy, MISERABLE.

3  Thank blade101
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I thought It was rather hard to find and get parked at... Limited parking for hotel... My window didn't over look anything but I believe small street or ally.. However rooms on other side I'm sure have amazing view right over into Canada .. The basement bar is nice but bit dark and sketchy, there is no reason to bring children to this hotel there's nothing for them... It's very quiet hotel, our staff we had were great and accommodating in every way. Our room was clean and nice no unfortunate issues to report here ... It was alright hotel... I believe entry way from parking lot was lovely and quite breath taking

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel has two things going for it, its cheap and close to downtown Detroit and the Cobo center. My stay there in January 2014 was the worst ever. A shuttle that did not operate because no staff were available to operate it. No restaurant to speak of. Room Service Menu, no copy available in the room, that consisted of Cheese Burger, or Cheese Burger! No list of TV channels in the room. No Landry Bags, ICE machines on the third floor don't work. One of which was a health hazard and reported to the owner and reception staff on five occasions with no result. Booked Wake Up calls which did not happen, room was not cleaned and finally the flooding of my room. They would not own up to the fact that room had been flooded as they had move my things to another room which had no chair to sit when working at the desk and heating that would not rise beyond 66 degrees.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We travel often and stay in a lot of 2.5-3 star hotels. I typically don't write reviews, thinking that if my hotel stay was lacking, any feedback is doing them a favor and not worth my time. That said, our recent stay at Roberts Riverwalk was so terrible that I feel compelled to warn other travelers.

See my list of complaints below. The bathroom sink was the worst. Overall the room we stayed in--and, from the looks of it, the hotel as a whole--is in a terrible state of disrepair and lack of upkeep. As if the maintenance and cleaning staff have almost no standard of quality. For $110/night this is the biggest ripoff in recent memory. Do yourself a favor, find anything else at a comparable price or save $30 and stay in a Days Inn, La Quinta, whatever. You will regret choosing Roberts Riverwalk.

The hotel:
- The parking was full, so I had to park my car overnight in the turnaround.
- The keycards weren't working, so the staff had to escort us to the room.
- The next morning, at 9am, there was no one at the bistro to take our orders for overpriced hotel food, so we had to eat on the road.
- Of course no complimentary breakfast items (not even coffee or tea).

The bedroom:
- The carpet was very poorly vacuumed (if at all). There was popcorn or banana chips or something yellow and disgusting in a corner next to the sofa.
- Our visit was in the winter and at 15F outside the heater could not keep the room at a comfortable level. But it made a lot of noise trying.
- The coffee machine did not work.
- All of the towels were severely frayed and the bed sheets smelled stale as though they hadn’t been washed in a long time.
- The wallpaper was peeling off in a few places and there were damaged areas in the drywall..
- There was dust everywhere, as if no one had used the room in years.
- The ceiling vent had duct tape holding it in place.
- The foyer area had a drop ceiling in which the tiles were filthy and damaged, and some were out of place.
- The bedroom clock was exactly 30 minutes off (how is that possible).

The bathroom (the worst):
- The sink was cracked, drained very slowly, and leaked water all over the floor below. I could feel my feet getting wet as I stood there brushing my teeth.
- The bathroom fan didn’t work, but it was caked with dust.
- All of the fixtures were loose as if about to fall apart from years of use but no maintenance.

3  Thank Drew0000