“The Best Sushi around”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed January 7, 2013

You have to try the Rainbow Roll it is Heaven on Earth!! Also try the Woodward Dream Roll me and my co workers crave for this roll.

There are newer reviews for Wah-Hoo Chinese

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've tried to go to this place a few times because I heard mixed reviews. In my opinion, as long as the sushi is fresh- it has to be pretty good. BUT then we forget to consider customer service. OH BOY! Bring your patients into this low end store front. The staff(that i have seen) is either really young and nascent or really old and bitter. The problem isnt that though ... THEY ARE SO SLOW! the bar tender who calls herself "maria" is really snooty and never seems to smile (unless your an old business man entertaining her tips).

I said all that to set up the description of this next scene. One day trying to stay in the downtown area and keep my money in the city- i landed on this mediocre joint. I have been to slow stink shop (the restaurant for food) so i wanted to only try the bar. Trying to give this place another chance. GEEZ what was i thinking! I KNEW BETTER! WHich is why I am reviewing it so you dont have to be SURPRISED OR OFFENDED. At the bar with some diverse friends we got some beers. We were told that it was a private party but we could drink because Old Bitter had to earn some pocket change for her hair dye. After I requested a song from the DJ-Suddenly the script flipped and the old lady behind the bar snatched my beer and my receipt from me- demanding that i leave. She was so snide and harsh that I almost cried. I went to another lost waitress to speak to a manager. Maria came up and tried to diffuse the situation offering me another beer for the next time I came in. (as if I'd ever come back). She never addressed the rudeness. I am so appalled by the neglect of service and cheer. The place has potential to be good but it needs new staff and management. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. ID GIVE A LOWER RATING IF POSSIBLE. ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY OR DO BUT HOW YOU MAKE PEOPLE FEEL THAT MATTERS. they are out of control and diabolical.
When I walked away I never knew if my bill was taken care of or not, when I checked-Maria yelled at me to leave. I mentioned writing this review and she said [--]Yelp and get another cocktail lady. WTF? I CANT make this stuff up people! real life. Yuck!!! I tried to call to speak to another person and handle this as adults should but no one answers. SMH.

PS- the ENTIRE MENU is OVERPRICED. and there is no parking available. Go to FIshbones instead or Ignite Sushi. =) And God bless you Maria. You really broke my trust, and my heart.

1  Thank J J
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The food has improved since the restaurant opened a few years ago. I've only recently began to enjoy eating suishi and Wah-Hoo has some of the freshest ingredients encountered. The almond chicken dish and egg drop soup are great choices as well.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended to us. I do agree that the food was good, not great but good. I would not run back. My disappointment with this restaurant is that we were a large party and asked for assistance in ordering from the waitress. We ordered way too much food. I think that the waitress should have told us that we ordered a lot and told us that we had enough. She should have said that if we need more we could order more but she didn't and she let us order like crazy. It was ridiculous how much food they brought to our table and we had to pay for it because we ordered it. The waitress should have known better and guided is appropriately. I will not return.

2  Thank lovebuggirl
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Wonderful food and ambiance! The pot stickers and rainbow roll were delightful!!

1  Thank Smanduzzi