“Good BBQ”

RUB BBQ and PUB
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: When you combine the atmosphere of a local Detroit hangout, the excitement of watching the game on a 65” flat screen, and the taste of an old school smokehouse, you have found Rub. At Rub BBQ we are proud to show our Detroit heritage. From the original character of our down town location, to the Detroit history hanging from our walls, we are proud to be Detroiters. We use local Michigan suppliers to bring you the best BBQ around. We mix our own rubs and sauces from scratch using over 20 different varieties of herbs and spices. Our eco-friendly ideas let us bring you unforgettable taste while still contributing to a greener Detroit. So come on down and watch the game and enjoy one of our 30 beers on tap. Ask one of our friendly staff about reserving our Private V.I.P. Banquet Lounge. Have us plan your next event and we will provide you with your favorite food, spirits, and fun. Tailgating packages are available that include all your pre-game musts, so leave your grill at home, because at Rub BBQ we have all your smokehouse needs.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

They have great food. Full bar with mixed drinks and many beer options. Super friendly waitstaff and bartenders.

1  Thank debalahtec

Reviewed October 4, 2012

So, you'd rather talk on your cell phone than bring me a drink, eh? I sat down at the bar at 6pm on Wednesday, October 3. The bar was not busy. After 5 minutes, the bartender showed up. I asked for a list of beers (they have an excellent selection). She returned 15 minutes later without the list I had asked for, because she forgot. Was she helping other customers? No. She was chatting on her cell phone. At that point, I would have left, except I had stopped by to help a friend celebrate a birthday and didn't want to be rude. About an hour later, I ordered a carry-out order to take home with me. About 1/2 hour after ordering it, I asked her how my order was coming. She disappeared into the kitchen, then came out empty-handed because my order had been sitting on the bar, getting cold for who knows how long. And, consistent with the level of service I had come to expect, the order was wrong. How did the food taste that I didn't throw away? Okay, but nothing special. Overpriced and a very small portion. The only thing I was served with any consistency that night was attitude from the bartender, who was clearly bothered by annoying customers wanting to buy things. Needless to say, I will never return.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Came in today aftergoing to the Tiger game and was shocked to walk right in(no wait). Server came over quick to get drink orders and then didn't see him for almost 10 minutes. Drinks came and we ordered "The Big Wheel" to share. It was awful, the Burnt Ends and The Beef Tips were so dry and lacked taste. The "Andouille Sausage" was more like Kowalski Keilbasa, and the Jalepeno Popper was ok, but way to much batter on it. The only reason that I rated the atmosphere a 3 was because there were TV's everywhere with NFL football, otherwise this place is a for sure "Can Miss"

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

My son and I came into town for a Tigers game. This restaurant wato lose to the stadium and where we parked so that was nice. Really enjoyed the food, especially the Mac n'cheese and the brisket. I've never had apple barbeque sauce--it was really unique. The pulled pork was smoky and very flavorful as well. The other six or so flavor of sauces were a nice touch. Liked the sports bar atmosphere. If I'm ever in Detroit for a game again I will probably go there again.I hope Detroit can get more places
Like this downtown so it can not seem quite as rundown.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We went to Rub BBQ in Detroit before a baseball game. The atmosphere was fun and the food smelled great. We were seated quickly and ordered our drinks. The server took a while to get back to us. We placed our order of sandwiches and waited. And we waited longer, after 25 minutes she came back and told us only 5 more minutes and we watched people order after us and get their food and eat while we still waited. Someone came out with our food finally. She then came to the table and with no explanation of the extended wait for our food. I asked for sivlerwear and she left. We ended up getting our own!