“always good soul food!”
Review of Southern Fire

Southern Fire
Ranked #574 of 1,109 Restaurants in Detroit
Description: This is a southern/soul food restaurant. This cuisine type is not specified in your list which is very surprsing. Awesome food recommended by locals who worked in a local museum.
detroit
“always good soul food!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My family, friends and I LOVE this place! I like so much that on occassion I have used their catering services! The prices are very reasonable! The dining room is large but not fancy. There is valet parking too.

• Visited November 2011

Michigan
“I would rate "0" if I could.”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Our team voted to go here for our holiday celebration, there were 8 of us dining. The restaurant was not crowded, it appeared our waitress had only 2 or 3 tables.

The service was terrible. She came to the table for our drink order, we asked if she could bring corn bread, she said "no, i can only bring it with the meal".. huh? We were starving... Came back 10 minutes later (did i mention still no drinks) to take our food order. 20 minutes later our food started arriving. I ordered meatloaf, it arrived cold, obviously a frozen block of meat that wasn't cooked enough (did I mention still no drinks), the fried chicken arrived cold, the rib tips were dried out. No one enjoyed their food. (finally got our drinks).

Then came desert, took 15 minutes to arrive (after we had to reminded her of what we ordered) and guess what, she forgot our coffee.... the peach cobbler was doughy and obviously not cooked enough. We asked to have it taken off the bill, she said she'd go check. 30 seconds later arrived with the bill and said "sorry". She didn't even ask her manager.

Combination of horrible service, horrible food. I would NEVER recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are great restaurants in Detroit, this is not one of them.

• Visited December 2011
Huntington, New York
“Delicious Ribs, Great desserts”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was a great place for good baby back ribs. They were tender and delicious. The sides, including mac and cheese, were also excellent. No liquor license however if that matters to you. Our waitress was friendly and efficient and gave us some excellent suggestions. The dessert that she recommended was wonderful, homemade marble cake with butter pecan frosting, three giant scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and then chocolate sauce on top of it all. I am still thinking about it. A short car ride north of downtown, it was well worth the trip.

• Visited August 2011