“very good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Smoke BBQ

Red Smoke BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Smoke BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,098 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Features classic barbeque fare in an attractive historic two-story building in Greektown. L & D daily; Full Bar; Carry-Out & Delivery; Party Room; Catering
Maryland
“very good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good service, good atmosphere, good prices, and good food (except the cornbread which was greasy). Tried the pulled pork sandwich and beef brisket sandwich on two different visits. Both were above average. Microbrews on tap. I would go back.

Visited October 2012

Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Two out of Two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I recently dined here twice in one week and both times were very good. We are not experts in barbecue, but the ribs were delicious! Tastey, meaty, not greasy, tender and naked. That's how I like ribs, naked, because I like pork as my favorite meat, next to lamb,. They have 5 sauces on each table for you to try and dabble with. We did try them and they were good, I just don't like my barbecue meats overpowered by any sauce. Potatoe wedges were fine, but their potatoe salad was great to us because it was just like we make it at home, not sweet, they even put sliced radishes in it, probably homemade and the portion was at least double the average. The house salad was fresh and nice and they do serve an excellant balsamic vinegrette. Service was professional and on top of things each visit. Red Smoke participates with Greektown Casino, right across Monroe street, in that you can use casino comps here, just obtain a certificate at the casino for the amount you think you will use, any balance is suppose to be added back to your casino account. We will eat here, hopefully many times to come!

• Visited October 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Very pleasantly surprised.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We tried to go to Slows, but there was an hour and a half wait. My dad and I had walked past this place quite a few times on our way to Comerica Park and had always talked about stopping in, so once we couldn't go to Slows we decided to go here. It is very nice inside and the service was very good. The food comes in large portions and is reasonably priced. I had then pulled pork, and we split cornbread. I was very happy with this restaurant and it is in a decent area of Detroit, the Greek town area which has some excellent restaurants.

Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Good food, nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Good food! A great location right in Greek town. We had the Texas Beef Brisket which was aweseome. We would definitely go back!

Visited September 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Best BBQ in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love this place. I really do. Like most BBQ restaurants, they offer their own signature sauces. Redsmoke's are by far the best I've ever had. The Cherry Molasses features real Michigan cherries. The honey mustard sauce is a tangy, to-die-for blend that was once dropped as a selection then brought back by popular demand. The roasted pepper sauce is equally good. Heck, all five of their sauces are great. The restaurant also offers an excellent selection of appetizers and sides. My favorites include the fried pickles and macaroni and cheese (featuring baked spiral noodles with bread crumbs on top). The pulled pork and pulled chicken sandwiches are both excellent. Local friends who have tried both Slough's and Redsmoke all prefer Redsmoke. The owners also run the nearby Astoria Bakery--a long-time Greektown icon--which means the desserts at Redsmoke are fabulous! Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012