“Excellent tour; knowledgeable guide”

Detroit Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$27.00*
and up
Detroits Rise Fall and Renewal
Ranked #8 of 28 Tours in Detroit
More attraction details
Owner description: Detroit Urban Adventures is offering three great 2-hour walking tours in 2015 so you can have your best day ever in Detroit. Space is limited and advance reservations are required. Register online for: "The D You Must See" (9:30-11:30am, Tues-Sun, Mar-Nov) "Corktown is Popping!" (1-3Pm, Tues-Sun, May-Oct) and "Detroit's Rise, Fall & Renewal" (4-6pm, Tues-Sun, Mar-Nov)
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently took the Detroit Rise and Renewal tour with Bob. The tour consisted of a 2-hour walking tour throughout the downtown Detroit area, exploring examples of architecture from various decades, and learning about the revitalization of the area. Bob is an extremely knowledgeable guide who is enthusiastic about living and working in Detroit. If you are interested in learning about Detroit, this is a great tour.

2  Thank platfrms
There are newer reviews for Detroit Urban Adventures

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I wound up with a one man tour and had a good time. We covered lots of ground, and got to see tons of art-deco buildings. I did the renewal trip which came with a complimentary beverage and also a ride on the people mover (the elevated train). The host is a native who lives downtown, and really knows his stuff.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I think the tour guide was having a bad day ! We were only a party of two on a Sunday, the opening gambit was to suggest we would have the baklava option at the beginning of the tour instead of the Coney dog at the end for his convenience. I expressed a preference for the latter as I had just had pancakes & was looking forward to something authentically American rather than Greek. Most of the tour took place walking in the midday sun (just two stops on the people mover), predominantly lots of pointing out of restaurants & menus, it even included a visit to The Hard Rock Cafe (if you've seen one you've seen them all). Most frustratingly, he just seemed very bored, lots of generic referencing & the most interesting stuff was in his dog eared A4 notes that we kept having to look at. I wasn't railroaded into the baklava in the bakery, & I guess I shouldn't have been surprised the guide walked off at the end of the tour with out offering me a Coney dog. Get a map & city guide, save your money.

6  Thank therapyinc
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I came to Detroit for the first time and took a guided tour with Bob. He was fantastic, informative and enjoyable. We learned interesting facts about Detroit through its Rise, Fall and Renewal. The walking tour was enjoyable and easy. His personal touch on every fact added an extra element of intrigue. It is a must when visiting Detroit for the first timer.

1  Thank debpunch
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Bob guided us on a very interesting 2 hour walking tour in the heart of the Motor City. We learned of the Rise, Fall & Renewal of this city in transition. Bob is a dyed in the wool resident fan of the city and his personal knowledge and relationship with the city made for a wonderful family (wife and two 20 something sons) experience. I imagine there are many living in the city or nearby that don't know what is going on right under their noses and therefore I recommend this tour to visitors and residents alike. A complimentary beer at a downtown micro brewery to top it off! We could not have been more pleased.

1  Thank Mark J