“Great find!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great find!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

A couple friends and I came to Detroit to check out the casinos. When looking for a restaurant outside of the casinos, we stumbled upon Harbor House. We found great food and good service; all at a fair price. Two of us ordered the ribeye. My steal was cooked to perfection (medium rare). My boyfriend ordered the Pick 3 and loved everything on the plate. The portions were so big he had a whole meal the next day. The manager/ owner came over more than once to make sure everything was ok. The best part about the experience was the live music. It was a perfect way to showcase Detroit. Good food, good music, and good friends equals a great memory.

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful Service and food was not good”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Visited Harbor house for the rave reviews on the crab legs, however the service was awful. We had a party of 11 and it took 1hour before we received our food, granted several other large parties came in after us and were seated and served. Hair was found in one person's salad, all the baked potatoes came out steamed and were hard, those in group that ordered shrimp and crab didn't get the shrimp. The waitress never came back to the table while we were waiting to say there was a delay or the food would be coming, we had to ask another waiter to go get her. The all you can eat crab legs they only bring 1/2 pound each time. The service was awful and the manager came and didnt offer to comp anything for our wait and all the mixups during our visit. This is an older establishment and you have to pay to park $5 if you can't get a space on the street.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank 2fly4you
Pennsylvania
“Great for bruch before a football game.”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Just blocks away from Ford Field and only $7.99 for brunch. Doors open at 9 am on game day. It is a standard buffet, with decent food, close to the stadium and great service.

Midland, Michigan
“Great Food, Great VALUE!”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Met friends for dinner. We started with fried mushrooms and mac and cheese. Excellent & Excellent. Soup and salad came with dinner - very good. I had ribs and snow crab. Best Crab and ribs I ever had! Everyone at our table commented that their food was excellent and would come back again. The day we were there, they had live music which made the evening more enjoyable. Highly recommended!!

DETROIT
“A very horrendous experience”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Went to Harbor House in downtown detroit tonite. One of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. They brought out the appetizers of breaded mushrooms. Bite into something hard on the second one I had. I looked to see what it was. It was a chicken bone. I immedialtely asked to see the manager. THREE TIMES, I had to ask to see him. Only after waiting about an hour to see him, i was told he was busy and would be out to see me. Finally about an hour and fifteen mintues later, this jerk comes and goes" I know all about the chicken bone you found in your breaded mushrooms. But it wasnt a chicken bone, it was a frog's leg bone. " Now I'm really pissed. But I remained calm. He talked to me as if I was some low life, who didnt have common sense. His excuse for the mixup was : we fry all our stuff in the same deep fryer, so it wasnt properly separated when it was put onto my plate. We are not a factory, and stuff happens like this all the time. after all we are in downtown detroit, and the resturant was busy. I'm sure this happens at Fishbones's as well " WTH. He basically had no apology, refused to comp my meal, and i was told he was going " to be generous and give me a gift card." Well, the gift card was only for $10.00. he then had the nerve to joke " thank god you arent allergic to frog legs" His customer service skills were just horrendous. He obviously thought he was dealing with some low life person or whatever. Even his waitstaff referred to him as an [--].

3 Thank PRINCESS527