“Very good pasta”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Service from our waiter, Brian, was excellent -- very attentive, personable and bordering fun. He was always there when we wanted or needed him and always took the time to answer any questions we may have had and met our requests to complete satisfaction.

All of the pasta was very fresh and good. Both the soup and salad were tasty. I didn't find the flavors of the entrees to be anything exceptional, but certainly acceptable. My wife told me I made a better bolognese, and I know I make a much better pizza at home. Portions were borderline for the price, but I wouldn't say skimpy. I thought it was a bit pricey for what was offered, but I didn't find myself thinking I would never go there again. I would have to say great service made up for any insufficiency there may have been in the food.

The atmosphere was nice, and I would have to say our entire party of eight had an enjoyable experience. I did not hear any complaints afterward as I sometimes do.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great location. Perfect for before an event at the Opera House or the Fox. The papparedelle is amazing. Nice wine selection. Attentive service. In the warm months, there is outdoor seating and the floor-to-ceiling windows are open for great street scenes and people-watching. I give the owner props because he opened in 2008, and is on the vanguard of the turnaround of downtown Detroit.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to eat before the Play, "Porgy and Bess" on March 4, 2014. We heard aboiut the this place from friends and we read the reviews, so we decided to give it a "Shot". The evining started with a fair price for Valet parking $10, (considering they held our vehicle throughout Dinner and the Show) and we were warmly greeted by the Host and promptly seated. The wine list was moderately priced and we settled on a $32 bottle of italian Cabernet.

The menu selections were plentiful , but not overwhelming. We passed on the appetizers but they brought out Bread with 3 dipping optiions, Hunny Butter, Olive Oil, and White bean humus. My wife selected the Chef''s special Grilled Chilean Sea Bass, I ordered the Delmonico Steak, Medium Rare.

The meal arrived by our Very attentive Waitstaff, by the 2nd glass of wine. The atmosphere was busy but still allowed for adequate conversation levels. Our water glases stayed full. And the Meal Presentation was Superb. My wife's meal in my opinion was OK. However, ...... My Steak was cooked to perfection. Medium Rare is a Far Cry From MEDIUM WELL. and the Chef nailed it. !!!

Dinner was completed with 2 very delectible deserts , Creme Brule and something my wife had that I can't remember the name of.
I can't think of anything that would be a negative of about this Dining Experience.

I would highly recommend this Resturant (on a Tuesday) to anyone

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Oh what a great meal and so convenient to the theatre and ball park. Service excellent, décor welcoming and so inviting. Excellent experience - highly recommend it!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Excellent service. Great food. Nice wine menu. Highly recommend. Atmosphere is great. Must try in Detroit