“Very Good Dining Experience”

Angelina Italian Bistro
Ranked #82 of 1,122 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very Good Dining Experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We enjoyed our Saturday evening dinner at Angelina. The environment is very nice, the service good, and the food was respectable. We had pasta Bolognese, which was very tastey, and ministrone. The real star of the show was the sauteed figs. Delicious.

• Visited October 2013

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Delicious Dining Experience in the Heart of Detroit”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Every year, Detroit Restaurant Week introduces me to new restaurants I've always seen, but never actually dined in. I recently took advantage and tried out Angelina Italian Bistro. Located within walking distance of Comerica Park and the Detroit Opera House, this place is gem!

Upscale food, but definitely a casual vibe. I dressed up, but there were definitely several patrons who came dressed very casual. Service is incredible, they know a lot about the wines and the preparation of the food. They make cheese in house along with smoking fish and meats. For my appetizer I had the carmelized figs with housemade mozzarella and golden beets finished with a sweet balsamic glaze. My entree was the primavera risotto. It had lot of delicious fresh veggies and finished with a lemon pesto. Dessert was just okay, which disappointed me since they do have a pastry chef. I believe it was in part due to presentation. I had the chocolate bread pudding with cinnamon ice cream. It was good, but it didn't wow me like the other courses.

By the time I was finished with my meal, I realized I went vegetarian and didn't miss it at all. There are so many things on Angelina's menu that I can't wait to indulge in again!

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Food, Fast Service, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped here for dinner prior to a 7:00 Tigers game. Comerica Park is 5 minutes away. We were pressed for time and our wait staff accomodated our needs. Their complimentary bread is amazing along with the dipping oils and hummus. I order the swordfish special - very good and the priciest dinner of three ordered ($26.00). Oven fired pizza and primavera risotto were the other meals ordered - all very tasty. Nice selection of craft brews too.

Visited September 2013
Huntington Woods, Michigan
“Worth going back to”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Friendly place - we got there before they were officially open but they let us in anyway. Food is delicious, creative, fresh. I eat a lot of salads and they had one of the tastiest ones I have ever eaten. Menu is always changing. It's a nice restaurant but not formal. They welcome baseball fans coming before or after Tiger games at Comerica Park. It's a short walk from there.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have eaten here several times and have loved everything!! It has a great atmosphere, great service, and an excellent wine selection/value.

• Visited February 2013