“IVEY for sure!”

Mudgie's
Ranked #23 of 1,095 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“IVEY for sure!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Mudgie's Deli is over on Porter Street. OMG, the best veggie sandwich i've ever had: the IVEY (house made spinach bread, sunflower sprouts, red onion, avocado...all using local products)...so delicious!! Since I don't live nearby, I've had a to recreate it (unsuccessfully) on my own...I can't do it justice...looking forward to going back!! This is a must on your list! Get here early because it can get packed! They don't take reservations (as far as I know)...
Want to know more about Detroit? Find me on blogspot: laughlovedress

• Visited July 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sandwich Joint”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Fresh, local, grass-fed, antibiotic free, and delicious. Mudgie's does not disappoint when it comes to your sandwich cravings. Their spinach spread is to die for and I've never had a sandwich that had anything to complain about. This was one of the last places I made it a point to visit and eat at before moving out of state and now I would give anything for a Mudgie's sandwich. While it does not have a bar, it does have local Michigan beers, meads, and wines.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Sandwiched nicely in Corktown.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

On our last day in Detroit, we decided to visit Mudgie's for an early lunch, before getting on the road back to Ontario.

After arriving too early (they open at 11 a.m.), we soon discovered this establishment is located in a charming residential enclave of Corktown. It was nice to kill some time and walk around the small city blocks to admire many carefully restored historic homes.

When they opened their doors and let us in, we enjoyed our sandwiches very much, having decided to build our own. The service was warm and friendly, plus, efficient. They featured interesting beers and wines from Michigan, so, we decided to keep it local.

This is an atmospheric spot to visit for lunch/dinner, tucked away in a charming neighbourhood.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank R M
Troy, Michigan
“High quality”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

They use high quality products and that is worth a lot to me. You do pay for it, but I'm ok with that.
We enjoyed our visit very much .The Mudgie was delicious

• Visited August 2013
South Lyon, Michigan
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I was nervously venturing downtown Detroit with 4 young kids and needed a place to eat before the DIA. I am so happy we found Mudgies!! The kids loved their chocolate milkshakes and Faygo rootbeer floats. They also ordered mini Mudgie sandwiches where you can build your own. I had the Jerk which was fantastic! Cute inside and service was excellent. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2013