“Profoundly moving and inspiring...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History

Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
Ranked #18 of 140 things to do in Detroit
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum serves to document, preserve and educate the public on the history, life and culture of African Americans.
Niagara Falls, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Profoundly moving and inspiring...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I took my son who was 12 at the time (2 yrs ago this May) to the Charles H Wright museum. It was about a 4 hr drive for us from Niagara Falls, Canada and absolutely worth it! I think it is a must see for all ages, races, cultures. You learn and you experience in a very multi-dimensional way. My son is biracial and I feel it gave him a deeper sense of pride in his black roots. Loved it. The people that work there are very helpful and knowledgable and really take the time to make sure you are comfortable and enjoying the visit. I am planning a return trip this spring.

Visited May 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“needed more time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went there with my daughter and granddaughters on a January weekday. It was not crowed which was nice, but the exhibits were so well done that we had not planned the amount of time we needed to see the whole museum. We bought items from the gift shop which I rate as above average.

Detroit, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cultural Art Displays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

An exciting place to view. besides the two prominent art rooms there is an auditorium where we see current event conversations, reviews of movies,musicians, dance,etc. In the Summer, the museum hosts the African World Festival. A must see regardless of you ethnic background. We always enjoy our visits there.

Visited December 2012
Royal Oak, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnificent Display of Black History and Culture”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The displays of Black Culture past and present. Centered in the museum district reasonable ticket prices and parking.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Deborah S
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Empty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Gorgeous very expensive building. Content inside didn't match to the aesthetics of the building itself.

Visited October 2012