“Great sides and appetizers.”

Michael Symon's Roast
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Symon's Roast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,122 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sides and appetizers.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was seated quickly without a reservation. The portions were generous, tasty and unique. The wait staff was very friendly.

Visited July 2013

Troy, Michigan
“Good Food, Horrible Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went there for our anniversary today...Have to say the wait staff is VERY Stand-offish..Come on if I am paying for a 200+ Meal for the both of us..I expect better wait staff..We hardly saw him much the whole evening. On top of that we asked him to take a few pictures..he took one and I asked him to take another one and his reply.".LATER"..really??? The place was NOT busy at all. As far as the food..it was good...Bread we had to ask for..umm the 5 small pieces given to you! Brussel SProuts..oily and greasy but my lamb was good...Asked for Coke, the "older" coke glass was not cleared until 1/2 hour later on..AGAIN NOT what I expect from a high end restaurant! Come on Michael Symons..invest in Good Quality Staff..I will def. give another high end restaurant my HARD EARNED money next time...Staff make a restaurant as does good food...Hand in hand combo! I'm not impressed!!!!

2 Thank troy19_13
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Bad experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had high expectations for this restaurant . But had dinner there last night and it was very disappointed. First the wine list had several selections in the 150.00 and up range but very few good selections in my sweet spot of 50-100 dollar range. Second and more importantly I ordered a 40.00 New York strip medium and it came to the table cold..the manager came over and said you cannot expect a hot steak when you order it medium??? What? I've had steak all over the world and this is just a bogus excuse. His remedy was to "reheat" it up but could not guarantee it would still be a medium steak. I'm still simmering ( no pun intended ) over this response. There are plenty of good restaurants in the Detroit area there is no need to waste your money here..I'll never go back.

1 Thank Mike M
Novi, Michigan, United States
“A pleasent trip into Detroit.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went to Detroit to view the fireworks yesterday. Decided to try having dinner downtown so I booked through Open Table and Michael Symon's Roast came up and was available. We were greeted and seated promptly. A great wood roasting aroma filled the restaurant. A very comfortable setting with a huge bar and large windows. Our service was good and the menu was different. The four of us each ordered a different entree and they were all very good. Even the dark grain bread was over the top. It was a very busy evening but it did not bother our dinner at all, everyone was on top of their game. We will be back and was pleased to see Detroit in in the mend.

1 Thank Millie C
Urbandale, Iowa
“Class and excellance”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Saw this place on tv, wanted to stop and eat here. I have eaten at numerous great restaurants around the world. This was a great meal. I went with my adult sons, who also have extensive experiences in food. It was an awesome meal, the cost was $225.00 but worth every penny

Visited June 2013