“All right but not for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greektown Casino Hotel

Greektown Casino Hotel
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
ontario
“All right but not for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay for one night on the return from a business trip. Paid a little extra for the corner room. NO one mentioned the construction & pile driver next door. I called the desk, and was told to use EARPLUGS!!! I understand construction is out of their control but EARPLUGS!!!
The rooms are noisy from people next door and staff in the hallways, do not have the amenities I expect for this cost point. Minor things but I was not at the Days Inn either. One chair, nothing to put your feet up on, no table to eat at, one night table for a king bed, minimal towels. Over priced breakfast, and mini-bar. The bar on the main floor still smelled like frying grease, poor ventilation. I just left the Marriot the night before, for 35% less we had better accommodations and amenities.
Location is great, view is wonderful. They need front desk staff that gives a darn, and a cost that is in line with the amenities offered. Would I stay again, yes but only for a better deal on the price. They are 50 to 60 too high per night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed at the Greektown Casino Hotel for the Easter long weekend. Red Wings and Tigers were both playing that weekend, so we thought we'd catch both games. The location of Greektown was amazing. Super close to everything (walking distance, and for those lazy days, close to the Detroit People Mover station.
The Casino was alright, but the Hotel was beautiful, clean, and modern. The Hotel restaurant was very nice and offered a wide range of menu items. I thought the staff was very pleasant. It was not the cheapest hotel, but it's a trade off because you end up getting location, nice hotel, and casino.
The only disappointing thing was that our room had really thin walls. Happens to be our neighbours were partying it up all night. We asked to move rooms but unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and was unable to move us. We thought it was just the music that was loud, but we can hear conversations in person AND on the phone. It was odd.
I would recommend this hotel, but just hope you have quiet neighbours if you stay here.

1 Thank clumsythief
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at the Greektown Casino Hotel for a weekend during my family reunion and I really enjoyed my stay. It's one of Detroit's newer hotels in the heart of it all. It's a nice hotel, not real fancy or upscale, but modern and comfortable. We received great service from the start when we valeted our cars (complimentary) and check-in was smooth. The rooms were nice but nothing special. They aren't that big but were clean and have everything you need.

I'd say best part of this hotel is its location. There is so much to do right around the hotel that you will have no trouble finding a place to dine or entertainment. It was nice to have options closeby since I'm not a huge gambler. I did walk through the hotel casino to take a peek but all the smoke in the air was too irritating to stay long.

I liked the Greektown Casino Hotel and I'd stay there again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Greektown Casino Hotel is gorgeous. We stayed in a suite and overlooked the city, awesome views, the most comfortable bed ever, reasonably priced mini bar, fabulous bath area OMG - I wanted to move in. We stayed only one night, I'll be here for 3 nights during the Grand Prix weekend and am soooo looking forward to it. This hotel is in a great location for food, fun and excitement. The people mover stop is convenient from the casino (which is attached to the hotel) so it's just great to be here. The staff are all so professional and fabulous (my job is booking travel for a large company) this is one of my most favorite properties to work with. Can't wait for my Grand Prix visit! It does not get much better than Greektown Casino Hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Goshen, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Convenient, clean, friendly, accessible, affordable, comfortable and quite; these are the good things you want to hear about a hotel stay. These do apply. It's easy of and on the highway to the parking garage and then into the hotel no problem. All of the staff are friendly. The room we had was exceptionally clean and well laid out with show separate from sink area and work study area design nicely appointed. We had no noise issues or smokey smell in the room. Getting to the casino is a breeze and I highly recommend crossing the street for pastry and pizza (both are a must do). I am a newbie to Detroit so beware alcohol is not free as it is in Vegas casinos. And there are plenty of slots . I had no problems getting a slot to play. And the video poker room is always more quiet. There is a small non-smoking area for slots that was a welcome breathing respite.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of the 13th floor. There are only a few rooms, nice view, and not busy.
1 Thank jc17oh
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed in the Greektown Casino Hotel for the Tiger's opening day game, and was very impressed. The hotel is located just minutes away from the stadiums and all downtown night-life. The room was one of the nicest I have ever stayed in, and the customer service was great (big shout-out to Linda F. for her helping us put together an amazing day/night in the city). Parking is free, and the buffet breakfast was tasty. What else can you ask for?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael_K35805
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Have been to Detroit many times, but this is the first time I have stayed here. Service was great, rooms were very modern and nicely furnished. They were on the smaller side, but the floor to ceiling windows were wonderful. We had a corner room that had fantastic views of downtown and Ford Field and Tiger Stadium.
Bed was comfy, room was well supplied with linens and coffee maker. Plenty of lamps, outlets, and nice desk. Minibar was also nice, pretty good selection and the prices were great for a minibar. For example a beer was $3.
We ate at Bistro 555 for dinner and the food was good, the breakfast and buffet looked good as well.
The hotel has free valet parking and WIFI and also offers room service menu.
As others have stated tv service would stutter here and there. No big deal unless you were watching a game or something.
The location is perfect. You are connected to the greektown casino by a covered skywalk. You can also walk right out the front door and be right by all of the restaurants and shops in Greektown. Tiger Stadium, Ford Field, the Fox Theater are all very close by. You also have easy access to the people mover which is only 75 cents.
I am a travel agent who is very fussy about where I stay. I normally was staying at the MGM hotel which is very nice, but gets very pricey. I also went to view the Atheneum Hotel and those rooms were very nice, modern, clean, and all suites for a good price. All three of these have easy access to great restaurants, bars, events, and casinos. I would stay at all three hotels, would just depend on the price at this point.

• Stayed April 2012