“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Los Angeles, United States
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The room was quite large, clean and well maintained and of course I enjoyed the warm cookie at check in. But I was especially impressed with the front desk service. After returning from a long work day I was disappointed to see the coffee bar closed and desperate for a hot beverage. Fortunately, the girl at the front desk kindly came over and fixed me a cup of hot tea and didn't even charge me for it. Really nice extra effort! I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Doubletree Detroit for business. The hotel staff were amazingly friendly and extremely helpful! From the front desk to restaurant staff were awesome! From the minute I arrived to the minute I left. My room was quiet and clean...the amenities were ample. The only down side...which didn't affect me because I did my research is the parking situation. There is a $27 a day valet fee for parking....but if you are in Detroit for work the Hotel Shuttle will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius...not only that but the Detroit People Mover is a block away which was really nice too.

I couldn't be happier, If I return to Detroit I will DEFINITELY make a point to stay here again!

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Hello, this is Jeff in room 321, it would appear that the wireless internet isn't working. Ohh yeah, internet doesn't work on the third floor. Lady took a call while checking me in, call took quite a while. No apology, no concern that I was there first. Answer and then put the person on hold. Rooms smelled like they had spilled a bottle of high powered cleaner in the middle of the floor.

1 Thank Jeffrey H
Michigan
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The Doubletree was very convenient to downtown locations, both by foot, hotel shuttle, and city bus. Very comfortable room and good breakfast buffet. We took advantage of a package that included valet parking (which is otherwise pricey) and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Racine, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed two nights for business in Grosse Pointe. A very good stay overall. I was really impressed by the fitness center -- both the number of machines and the variety, for both cardio and strength training. But I was disappointed when I ordered room service on Monday evening and learned there was a limited menu. This was not reflected in the in-room menu. I plan to stay at this hotel the next time I visit Detroit for business.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I had a wonderful stay here at this hotel. The suites were beautiful and spacious. The beds were a slice of heaven! The only problem I has was with my thermostat...it wasn't working correctly. I called the front desk and they had someone up to my room within 5 minutes to fix it. Excellent customer service! The chocolate cookie given at check-in was a very tasty bonus!! I would definately stay here again if I was in the downtown Michigan area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor for the best views.
detroit, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Check in was great. Had a free shuttle, but we didn't use it due to the nice weather. Walls were a little thin, but the rooms were big. Breakfast was good, but nothing special. Service was very professional. Very impressed given the reputation of the city. No issues, and had a great weekend in the D!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple