“My stay while attending the Saviours Day 2014 Convention Feb. 20-24, 2014”

Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The overall service at this Hotel was great; from the valet, customer service, guest service, etc. Whenever I called for rome service, they were there immediately. The Hotel and it's rooms were very clean. The walls even seem to be sound proofed because I could never hear any noise from my neighbors.
My only concerns (which are minor) is that I wish they had a continental breakfast and that their toilet bowls had a little bit more water in them. If they could change that, this would be the perfect Hotel. I will more than likely always stay at this Hotel everytime I visit Detroit.

Room Tip: If you have a large family, get the double-queen room with the let-out couch.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The room was huge and comfortable. Shuttle service drivers went above and beyond expectations. A manager came in early and begin driving because a large group of us were waiting early one morning. My only critique is that I had to call for more toilet tissue and clean towels. My heater and A/C was difficult to set and the room was HOT. Eventually they turned the A/C system off in my room. Thank goodness it was cold and snowing outside because that is how we kept the room bearable. However it was muggy because we did not have fresh air circulating.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We were happy to host your group. We look forward to seeing you the nest time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Our stay at the Double tree was very relaxing and we were well served and the staff was very tentative. The location was only a minute away from my venue. Finding a restraunt was a breeze. We all had a great time. We would definitly recomend this Double tree hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed here for an event taking place at the Cobo Center. Please be AWARE that this hotel allows pets and during our stay, there were many. I would not stay here agin for that reason alone. Myself and my daughter are highly allergic. I found myself hacking and coughing most if the night. Other than that the hotel was nice.

• Stayed: February 2014

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. While we do alow pets. We do a deep cleaning of the room after our four legged friends depart. I will be going over that pratice with our housekeeping Manager. Thank you for the feedback .

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was very disappointed regarding the late or unavailability of your signature chocolate chip cookies at check in and next morning inquiry and at check out time. otherwise I really enjoyed my stay and other services I requested. I would stay here and refer this hotel to others.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us. I am sorry, that we did not have a cookie ready for you. I will address that issue with my Food and Beverage Manager. I am pleased to see that other then that, you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hotel is ok, average really, but problem is there is nothing within walking distance, except a gas station with not much to buy. There is a shuttle, but hard to schedule it for correct timing. Say I have to have 200 characters, but I have run out of things to say!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. We are pleased to offer a courtsy shuttle within five mils of us hotel. I am sorry you had issue catching it.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

After arriving late (around midnight) and needing to get up early the following morning, the night shift manager provided fast and very accomodating service. As Gold Card Hilton members we were upgraded to an executive suite- just too bad we could really only enjoy the bed and shower for the 6 hours we were there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and the service. We try to treat each guest like family. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in Detroit.