Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby
$119
$115
Agoda.com
1,452 results
All reviewscookiesround barpeople moverfront deskdouble treevalet parkingtwo room suitefree shuttlered wings gameliving arearooms are hugeshuttle servicemile radiuswithin milesupon checkcobo centerhotel bar
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Perhaps one of the largest hotel rooms I have ever witnessed. The hotel rooms are extremely clean and equipped with two televisions. There is a free shuttle that takes you to the neighbouring vicinities. Only problem is that there are very few options for vegetarians. Also, it is mandatory to swipe your credit card during check-in. Even if you give them an option of upfront payment in cash, they do not agree and insist on credit card payment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was an overall fantastic hotel. It was very quiet, clean and large. I had plenty of space with a bedroom and sitting room in my suite. Overall top of the line in everything I could ask for in a hotel. It wasn't completely central so there was a free shuttle that goes til 11 PM to drive you around the city within 3 miles. Awesome staff there too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was passing through and spent a couple nights at this property. It looks like an old building that was remodeled but I didn't look into that (yet). The staff, location, room were great. The room at a separate living area, bathroom in the middle and bedroom facing the street. I'm not all that in favor of the sink being in the hallway. The shower and toilet were together.

A couple of things to be aware of which I hope hotel management reads: (1) You have to valet your car if you have one. There are really no safe self park options other then across the street but you'd have to move the car by 6am. If this isn't an issue, just be aware. (2) The odor of strong cleaning fluids is obvious. Maybe it was me but I got that sense in the room, the hall (8th floor) and the reception bathroom.

The restaurant was pretty good for breakfast with options for continental or hot breakfast. Both were buffet style and plenty of options to choose from. You won't be disappointed, especially if it's included with your room.

All told I would stay there again without question. Oh, I did catch a Redwings (hockey) game and the hotel provides a shuttle service, although you could walk to the arena.

Good Job Hilton

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the street so the view is more interesting. Corner rooms offer more view options.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two sons (ages 18 & 19). We were in town for a concert for my boys. We reserved a corner suite with two queen sized beds and a pull-out sofa. The room was large and spacious with room for all of us to spread out. Cabs were available to take my sons to their show. My husband and I walked around downtown for a while before returning to the hotel for dinner in their Finn & Porter restaurant. The food was very good, but somewhat pricey. Check-in/check-out was very easy and the staff was all very friendly. The boys caught a cab back to the hotel after the show and since there were two televisions in our room, we were all able to relax and watch a little tv before bed. We had a great time!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy G
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Cannot say enough great things about this hotel. Staff was friendly and efficient. Food was great, room was clean and valet was helpful. I would stay here again happily. Wish this hotel was closer to my home, I would love to just have a day to myself. Food exceeded my expectations. Definately not your typical wedding food. Set up was elegant. I have never been to a wedding I enjoyed more!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family