My husband and I stayed here when we went to Detroit to see a Red Wings game. The hotel is conveniently located very close to the Joe Louis Arena and the waterfront. We stayed in a corner suite. The room was comfortable, but I do have a few complaints.
The couch, chair and pillows in the living area of the suite were all rather drab and the pillows even had tears in the fabric where the stuffing was spilling out. The area where the microwave/mini fridge/coffee maker were located did not have enough outlets to have the items all plugged in at the same time, so we kept having to unplug one thing to plug in another, which was somewhat irritating.
The bed was very comfortable and the sleep quality was great. The customer service was fantastic and they even allowed us a late check out so we didn't have to leave our bags in the car while we were at the hockey game. They offer a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, which proved very helpful in going and picking up dinner from Slows To Go (which I recommend!) A nice experience. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful historic hotel in the heart of downtown Detroit. Enjoy our all suite hotel rooms. Just one block from the people mover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby Hotel Detroit
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Shelby