Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown
$179
$119
$115
Agoda.com
All reviewspeople moverfront deskrenaissance centervalet parkingren cenconvenience storegm buildingford fieldbreakfast buffetcomerica parktigers gameview of the rivereasy accesswould stay here againnice staythe joe louis arenared wings game
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Great hotel. Location is really convient if going to anywhere downtown! My husband and I stayed in a king room on the 19th floor, the room was very spacious, decorated modernly, comfortable furniture and very clean. Bathrom was also spacious, with a large counter. Despite the hotel being very full it was quiet. Breakfast was a buffet with made to order omelets, pretty good but a little pricey for breakfast($27 for two adults). Parking $10 a day at nearby ramp or $20 for valet. Great hotel!

1  Thank sjgphoto
Reviewed April 16, 2010

This is a good option / good value for downtown Detroit. It's very central to downtown, right across the street (and an indoor footbridge) to the big GM center/mall, and on the people mover tram. Room was nice, clean, rather large, with a nice view of the river and city. The only complaint would be that I could hear the people mover from my room - hard to fall asleep and woke me up - might just have been my room though?

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank viajeraNYC
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights to attend the Frozen Four at Ford Field. I got a great low rate through AAA and not surprisingly I was given a room across from the ice machine. Nevertheless it was very quiet although you could hear ice fall once in a while. The room was very nice and clean. The front desk was very nice throughout as were the rest of the hotel staff we encountered. Breakfast was buffet and was OK althogh my kids really like it, especially the eggs and waffles made to order. The charges for breakfast were very reasonable. I valet parked and got the car quickly (5-10 minutes) each time I requested it.
The hotel is in a very good location and we had a nice view from our room. It's connected to the Renaisance Center and the People Mover which looks like a monorail that goes around downtown although we never rode it. We walked to Ford Field from the hotel and to Greektown which is on the way. There were some people at the hotel who were going to the Tigers baseball stadium which is next to Ford Field. The hotel is also pretty much directly across the street from the tunnel to Canada.
The only thing that I considered an inconvenience was that you had to show your room key to a security guard at night and I did see security patrolling our floor once. I suppose that's to be expected in a city hotel that has so many ways to get inside. I never felt threatened though and it was only a minor inconvenience. I would happily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RicRoc123
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Just returned from a 3 day weekend with a friend and 2 teens. We were traveling with a large group and had a block of rooms. Everyone that I spoke with from our group preferred the hotel compared to where we have stayed previously. Have stayed at other nearby hotels and the Courtyard Marriott has been our best choice so far.
Check in was quick and the rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff was always very attentive to our needs. All the girls at the check in/customer service desk throughout the weekend were very friendly. I made a point to let them know how much we enjoyed our stay and that we will be returning next year. The hotel has a nice pool and fitness center also. Access to the people mover is easily accessible.
As far as the hotel restaurant: we were not impressed the first night so did not bother returning for the buffet. We waited 75 minutes for 2 side salads and chicken fingers. I asked twice for a glass of water with ice and after 45 minutes and 3 requests finally received it. It would be one thing if the staff actually seemed concerned about a simple meal selection taking soooo long (and it wasn't that busy), but instead they really didn't seem to care at all. Aside from the restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised with the courtyard marriott.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Dansweetea
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The hotel was very clean, staff pleasant and the rooms were very clean. The Courtyard Marriott hotel needs to update it's website from false advertisement. There is NO shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. There is No continental breakfast. The price to stay here is very costly without the basic continental breakfast and free shuttle. I would have expected all Marriott hotel chains have the minimal.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends