Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewspeople moverfront deskrenaissance centervalet parkingren cenconvenience storegm buildingford fieldbreakfast buffetcomerica parktigers gameview of the rivereasy accesswould stay here againnice staythe joe louis arenared wings game
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while at a conference at the Cobo downtown. Very nice accomadations and close to everything. The mattress was great, and room service was prompt. I had a very nice view of the water as well. The room was clean and decor nice.

Wonderful bread at the restraunt downstairs.

I was alone so I didn't feel to comfortable walking around outside at night. This hotel is attached to the ren center that holds restraunts and entertainment. The people mover also stops there which will take you to the casino and back for only .50 one way. I felt very comfortable doing this by myself and was able to enjoy some of the sights without going outside!

I would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank vanpop
Reviewed February 25, 2007

This hotel was in a great location. My husband and our 4 year old and 13 year old neice stayed for the weekend. The first thing we noticed was the dirty bathtub, but with a call down to the front desk, it was quickly taken care of. The hotel staff was great with directions, and recommended good places to eat. We went to an event at Ford Field and it took less that 5 mintues via "The People Mover" which is Detroits train system. The only complaint I could see would be the valet parking, which is usually expected downtown and having to tip the valet with each in and out.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed January 30, 2007

Well I spent my birthday here and it was very enjoyable.This wasn't my first time staying here but my first since they remodeled.Upon my arrival the staff was very friendly.In fact it was the manger who checked me in personally and wished me a happy birthday :). I got a suite.I think it was around $300 or so but that's not as bad as a regular room across the street!Also a $50 deposit which you get upon checking out unless you use the phone,order movies etc.I had no reservations.Nor a credit card and everything was fast and friendly.The manger told me to enjoy my birthday.As soon as I was checked in valet was right there to park my car and a bellhop was already unloading my things.He escorted me to my room and unloaded everything.I was really delighted after tipping him and finally getting to see the nice sized suite.Upon entering there is a small room with a mini fridge (no microwave but they didn't mind heating something up at the front desk) along with a nice size sink.his is where the coffee maker is also so you don't have to look at it all night lol.Futher ahead is a NICE size sitting area with a flat screen t.v a nice size chest,the plush sofa(with a nice size bed inside)and chair.right around the corner is bedroom.There is a nice size table between the sitting area and bedroom with two chairs,and also two more chairs were in the room!Lots of seating.But back to the bedroom there is another flat screen tv in it.The bed was really nice soft but a nicccceeee soft lol. down the hallway in the bedroom is a large bathroom.It was very very nice. Overall the room was almost like new.No bad smells dingy carpets etc.Wasn't bothered by loud noise or anything. The down side was my guests that came down had to be escorted up by me after a certain time because security won't allow ANYONE in without a key.Even the Pizza Papalis delivery guy (though it was around 12 ish so that I could understand).Didn't get to see the pool etc I enjoyed the comfort of my room.Checkout was a breeze.Got my whole $50 bac because I didn't use anything. Valet was pretty quick bringing my car.So I can say I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank stillcutes
Reviewed September 11, 2006

labor day weekend my family and I were in detroit of the
internationl jazz festival.What a wonderful time we had.The hotel
was perfect for our needs because of its excellent location to
everything downtown. The staff was very polite and helpful and the
rooms were clean and comfortable.There were lots of other
events going on also that weekend in the city. I met lots of people
from out of town all of whom spoke positive things about the
turnaround that is taking place in downtown detroit. The city looked
good and the vibe was great.For a town that is always being
kicked around by the national media,I think its time to give credit
where credit is due.Great job Detroit!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dokey
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I stayed with my friend at the courtyard for two nights and extended the stay for another two nights up to a total of four nights.

I liked the hotel very much, the rooms were big with a kingsize bed, a seating area with a pull-out couch and a desk with free highspeed-internet. We requested a riverview room and got one on the 15 th floor for the first two nightss and the same room just on the 17th floor when we came back for the other two nights.

I had a little negative experience with the housekeeping and was not too satisfied with the breakfast that can be ordered from "Sweet Lorraines" a restaurant located in the hotel.

Housekeeping : after our first night, a sunday morning, the cleaning woman knocked at our door short before 9 am. I think this is definitfely too early for a sunday morning and we told her that we would be in the room for about another 1-2 hours and asked her to come back later. When we came back at night we realized that nobody came back to clean the room. I called the front desk and they told me that the housekeeping is not working any more at that time but she brought up some fresh towels immediately. The other days there was no reason to complain at all.

Breakfast: On our leaving-day we decided to have breakfast in our room to save some time so we ordered the "all american breakfast".
According to the price it was not so great at all. It was OK but not great. You find places were you get a better breakfast for the same money or even less all throughout Metro Detroit.

But these were only minor issues and overall it is a great place to stay with a very helpful and friendly staff.

The Hotel has a pretty large exercise room and an indoor pool area which is shared with the Millender Center appartment complex. I really loved the pool and the hottub. We went to the pool in the evening about an hour before it closes ( 11 pm ) and nobody else besides us was there. It was like having a private pool and hottub.

I would definitvely stay there again ( esp. for the rate we got through priceline) and can recommed this place to everybody

At the end a little hint for everyone who wants to stay at this hotel:
There is no way to find a place that delivers food to the hotel after 11pm/12 am. Be pepared and carry some food with you in case you like a late night snack.

• Stayed: May 2006