“Struggling motel”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Midwest
“Struggling motel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family of 3 stayed 4 nights in 2 rooms. My husband's and my room smelled of smoke and there were several large burn holes in the bedspread. Later I noticed that the smoke alarm was covered by a washcloth! There was no soap in Our daughter's room. When we called they brought soap right away. I thought our bedding was a little odd as the lower sheet seemed to be made of microfiber. Only the next day did I realize that it was the mattress pad! yuk! The rooms were not made up that day by four when we got back to the room, so we complained, We were told that they were not sure if our rooms were on the schedule to be made up. Weird! We left the room for a while and when we got back several hours later, they were made up. other adventures: no hot water one morning. beds were very mushy.
Trash not emptied one morning. Also, one of the building entrance locks was completely missing.
Thhe staff seemed to be trying to make things right, but the motel seems to be struggling.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SKH66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were there five nights and only had maid service once. We did get daily change of towels and trash emptied. Reception was excellent and very helpful. Breakfast was good, but no protein. Guest in other building had trouble with noise from prostitutes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Michael F
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

What a flop house! Suppose to be a non-smoking facility but it is not. Was given a room on the second floor. Headed up the stairs no elevator, the room across from mine was open and smoke was pouring out. The hall was full of smoke. Its obvious they rent long term at this place because it appears as if people live there. Room stunk of stale smoke plus it was pouring in under the huge gap under the door. I put a towel under the door and was going to try and stay but after turning on a few lights and seeing the filth, burn holes in everything I couldnt. I called the clerk told her I couldnt stand the smoke but she assured me the entire hotel was nonsmoking and they werent suppose to be smoking in the rooms. Right? I told her I needed a room away from this smoke. After moving downstairs it was less smoke but still just as dirty. Room had a fridge, rotten smelly couch, hairdryer that did not work. I dont think I need to say anymore. Oh yeah the pool was GREEN. Overall a real dump stay away, I go here because corporate puts us here to save money but wont stay here again. Red Roof just down the street maybe its better.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Driverjoe

Travelers are raving about these Dearborn hotels

TORONTO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The place needs some tender loving care. There was a very loose electrical socket in the room, and the shower pipe was loose. The TV was a 25 year old Zenith CRT type - when did you last see a Zenith? - and there is no elevator to the second floor. If you have heavy luggage you may wish to stay on the first floor. A continental breakfast in included but is not very impressive.
The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and there was lots of hot water. There is a package deal which includes tickets to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. This is an excellent value and brings the room cost per night to about $50. The management of the hotel are charming. I hope they generate sufficient business to enable them to do a makeover of the rooms.

Room Tip: Remember - no elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank VACATIONER097
Frederick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here after seeing how close it is to the Henry Ford (Rouge Factory) in Dearborn and I have to agree with every previous review. I didn't see any street walkers but we did turn in early and were up and out early, but it seemed pretty quiet around room 133 the one night that we were there. There definitely is a pervasive stale/cigarette-y odor in the corridors and moreso when the room door is opened, and the furnishings are dated and tired looking, but the queen bed was nice, could've been a pillowtop mattress, which I prefer, and the pillows were plumped up and I didn't have to ask for extra. The room size was decent and the t.v. was adequate but the in room coffee maker didn't work. Also, the shower took at least 5 minutes to warm up. And, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We did get offered and bought a combination voucher for the Ford Rouge Factory Tour which we mentioned that we were there to see and it did save money so that was good. I read that the hotel had free internet use for the guests but upon checking in I asked and was told with a shrug that "some customer downloaded something and crashed it." So I had to rely on the clerk, a young woman on duty later, to give us directions to the Ford Rouge Factory which she also shrugged and told hubby by pointing her finger that it "was a mile or two that way." He didn't find that to be helpful but the address was on our voucher and it was in fact a couple of miles away, easily located off of a major road around the hotel. You'd think that if they're selling these discount vouchers that they'd know what to tell people when they ask. I didn't check us out the next morning but I suspect that no one asked how our stay was. We did take advantage of the continental breakfast but the "orange" juice was more like watered down Tang and the coffee was weak at best. There were donuts, english muffins (the toaster didn't work right either), dry cereal and milk, and make your own waffles. It "did the job" but if you have a sensitive nose or dislike careless customer service, I would say skip this one.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelkitty50
cantom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

go to the one near telegraph thats were youn should check in this hotel is for perver t t t t t s adult ent ertainment next door and ack the perv works the counter im telling you book at dearborn west not east a hit miss hotel hampton like atmosphere a t dearborn west nice pool gd breakfast even waffles

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We chose this hotel because it's close to the Henry Ford museum but it was awful - our room had a window that faced a brick wall so the lights were needed on a hot July afternoon; the room was old-fashioned and shabby and the smell - well, what can I say? Clearly there was an overpowering smell of old cigarette smoke which had been 'covered' with a citrus room fresherner but this just left an acrid unpleasant smell which dominated the room. I am sooo glad we didn't book more than one night.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple