“Alright for One Night”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Frederick
“Alright for One Night”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here after seeing how close it is to the Henry Ford (Rouge Factory) in Dearborn and I have to agree with every previous review. I didn't see any street walkers but we did turn in early and were up and out early, but it seemed pretty quiet around room 133 the one night that we were there. There definitely is a pervasive stale/cigarette-y odor in the corridors and moreso when the room door is opened, and the furnishings are dated and tired looking, but the queen bed was nice, could've been a pillowtop mattress, which I prefer, and the pillows were plumped up and I didn't have to ask for extra. The room size was decent and the t.v. was adequate but the in room coffee maker didn't work. Also, the shower took at least 5 minutes to warm up. And, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We did get offered and bought a combination voucher for the Ford Rouge Factory Tour which we mentioned that we were there to see and it did save money so that was good. I read that the hotel had free internet use for the guests but upon checking in I asked and was told with a shrug that "some customer downloaded something and crashed it." So I had to rely on the clerk, a young woman on duty later, to give us directions to the Ford Rouge Factory which she also shrugged and told hubby by pointing her finger that it "was a mile or two that way." He didn't find that to be helpful but the address was on our voucher and it was in fact a couple of miles away, easily located off of a major road around the hotel. You'd think that if they're selling these discount vouchers that they'd know what to tell people when they ask. I didn't check us out the next morning but I suspect that no one asked how our stay was. We did take advantage of the continental breakfast but the "orange" juice was more like watered down Tang and the coffee was weak at best. There were donuts, english muffins (the toaster didn't work right either), dry cereal and milk, and make your own waffles. It "did the job" but if you have a sensitive nose or dislike careless customer service, I would say skip this one.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelkitty50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
cantom
Reviewed August 30, 2012

go to the one near telegraph thats were youn should check in this hotel is for perver t t t t t s adult ent ertainment next door and ack the perv works the counter im telling you book at dearborn west not east a hit miss hotel hampton like atmosphere a t dearborn west nice pool gd breakfast even waffles

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We chose this hotel because it's close to the Henry Ford museum but it was awful - our room had a window that faced a brick wall so the lights were needed on a hot July afternoon; the room was old-fashioned and shabby and the smell - well, what can I say? Clearly there was an overpowering smell of old cigarette smoke which had been 'covered' with a citrus room fresherner but this just left an acrid unpleasant smell which dominated the room. I am sooo glad we didn't book more than one night.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dearborn hotels

Dubuque
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Worst motel I've ever set foot in. First thing that hits you in the room is the smell - they're obviously trying to mask something with a sickeningly pungent room deodorizer. The carpet is coming loose at all the walls, the caulk is coming loose or missing around all of the bathroom fixtures. Pretty much every room in my wing had some sort of loud argument going on inside. There were prostitutes hanging out outside the building in the parking lot. There were no parts inside the security lock on the building door - anyone could just walk right in. Continental breakfast consisted of toast, stale donuts and cheerios. I'm a fairly street-wise guy, but this place scared me. When I requested a new room, the clerk stated that I shouldn't have been given a room in "that" building, whatever that means - maybe they have rooms that are meant for people who aren't drug addicts, hookers or transients.

Room Tip: My tip is to go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MRKMRSK
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My family and I stayed for 1 week. The hotel was a very low cost, which worried me. Even walking in to the office I wasn't sure. I was very surprised when I saw the room. New beds!! that seems to make a huge difference. they are the one's sold at Costco or Sam's club. super thick and soft. the room's had a lot of room. the sheets were clean and the bed spread wasn't the standard type. They were something I'd use at home. There weren't a lot of extra's but I didn't spend over $100 a night either. I'd rather save on a good room then have extra's like expensive cable and more tolitries which I wouldn't use anyways. I stayed with my three son's who really enjoyed the pool. The room was spacious, large counter outside the bathroom. The free breakfast wasn't much, but the boys loved the Belgin Waffle's they got to make them selves. We love the restraunts close by. Leyons and Bob Evens. Great prices.
I really love this area. West Dearborn is very well taken care of. The residents take pride in keeping it this way.
If I have any complaint... it's everyday we had to request 2 more towels since they only stock each room with 2.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Nichole H
Coalville, Utah
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Used my Delta SkyMiles for this one and will be more careful next time. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke, so I went to the manager and he did give me another room which is better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Monee, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel is a couple miles off of the Interstate and on a busy Michigan Ave. The only good thing about this place is the price is decent and it's only about two miles to the Henry Ford museum. We paid around $250.00 for three nights and it included two tickets for two days to the museum. Theis motel has rates for extended stays, which basically meant people were living in the motel.

Our room was a non smoking king size bed and was roomy. It included a couch plus a microwave and mini fridge. The bed was terrible, very hard and uncomfortable. Cheap tv with basic channels and plain bathroom with no toiletries. Motel has free wi fi and an desktop computer in the lobby. Pool and simple breakfast which consisted of coffee, juice and breads.

Our first night we were gone all day only to arrive back at the room with no housekeeping done. I went to the front desk and informed them and I was told our room wasn't cleaned because we didn't answer the phone when housekeepng called! HUH? That's because we were gone all day, I told the woman at the front desk. This falls back on the people living in the at the motel. I was told that the "regulars" often don't want their rooms cleaned. The woman at the front desk said she would make sure our room was cleaned the next two nights and it was.

We love visiting the Henry Ford museum but the next visit will be at a different place than this. Hope this helps you decide you choice of place to stay in Dearborn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo