“Avoid at all costs”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Dubuque
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Worst motel I've ever set foot in. First thing that hits you in the room is the smell - they're obviously trying to mask something with a sickeningly pungent room deodorizer. The carpet is coming loose at all the walls, the caulk is coming loose or missing around all of the bathroom fixtures. Pretty much every room in my wing had some sort of loud argument going on inside. There were prostitutes hanging out outside the building in the parking lot. There were no parts inside the security lock on the building door - anyone could just walk right in. Continental breakfast consisted of toast, stale donuts and cheerios. I'm a fairly street-wise guy, but this place scared me. When I requested a new room, the clerk stated that I shouldn't have been given a room in "that" building, whatever that means - maybe they have rooms that are meant for people who aren't drug addicts, hookers or transients.

Room Tip: My tip is to go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MRKMRSK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My family and I stayed for 1 week. The hotel was a very low cost, which worried me. Even walking in to the office I wasn't sure. I was very surprised when I saw the room. New beds!! that seems to make a huge difference. they are the one's sold at Costco or Sam's club. super thick and soft. the room's had a lot of room. the sheets were clean and the bed spread wasn't the standard type. They were something I'd use at home. There weren't a lot of extra's but I didn't spend over $100 a night either. I'd rather save on a good room then have extra's like expensive cable and more tolitries which I wouldn't use anyways. I stayed with my three son's who really enjoyed the pool. The room was spacious, large counter outside the bathroom. The free breakfast wasn't much, but the boys loved the Belgin Waffle's they got to make them selves. We love the restraunts close by. Leyons and Bob Evens. Great prices.
I really love this area. West Dearborn is very well taken care of. The residents take pride in keeping it this way.
If I have any complaint... it's everyday we had to request 2 more towels since they only stock each room with 2.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Nichole H
Coalville, Utah
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Used my Delta SkyMiles for this one and will be more careful next time. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke, so I went to the manager and he did give me another room which is better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dearborn hotels

Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel is a couple miles off of the Interstate and on a busy Michigan Ave. The only good thing about this place is the price is decent and it's only about two miles to the Henry Ford museum. We paid around $250.00 for three nights and it included two tickets for two days to the museum. Theis motel has rates for extended stays, which basically meant people were living in the motel.

Our room was a non smoking king size bed and was roomy. It included a couch plus a microwave and mini fridge. The bed was terrible, very hard and uncomfortable. Cheap tv with basic channels and plain bathroom with no toiletries. Motel has free wi fi and an desktop computer in the lobby. Pool and simple breakfast which consisted of coffee, juice and breads.

Our first night we were gone all day only to arrive back at the room with no housekeeping done. I went to the front desk and informed them and I was told our room wasn't cleaned because we didn't answer the phone when housekeepng called! HUH? That's because we were gone all day, I told the woman at the front desk. This falls back on the people living in the at the motel. I was told that the "regulars" often don't want their rooms cleaned. The woman at the front desk said she would make sure our room was cleaned the next two nights and it was.

We love visiting the Henry Ford museum but the next visit will be at a different place than this. Hope this helps you decide you choice of place to stay in Dearborn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Aerowing
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The Victory Inn in Dearborn was a terrible hotel from the start. The room was absolutely filthy; the carpet looked like it had never been replaced or cleaned since the hotel was built, and the carpet in the hallway was the same. There was black mold growing on one of the bathroom walls, and you could not adjust the direction of the shower head without nearly breaking off a pipe in the wall. Saddened by the sticky carpet and nasty bedspread, my family and I decided to go check out the pool. We were greeted by a sickening, mold-smell in the hallway that connected to the lounge and pool area, and when we reached the pool we were again disappointed. Some sort of greenish moss was growing on the tiles of the pool above the water line, and it looked as though the filter in the pool had been broken for some time. The water had an oily sheen on it and was so cloudy that it was impossible to even see the stairs leading down into the water. The hotel also offered a breakfast, but this consisted only of cold coffee and stale donuts. I would never stay in the Victory Inn again, nor would I visit the Dearborn/Detroit area due to my horrible experience. For 90 dollars a night, this was a total ripoff!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lennie082
Onaway, Michigan
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We arrived at about 10:30pm and were greeted by a friendly face at the front desk. He was courteous and professional. Our room was clean, but there was a faint smell of smoke. We did not partake in the breakfast, because of its lack of protein. The other guests at the motel were a bit noisy between 10:30pm-11:30pm. Which is a bit late for me.
The Inn is near a "yuppy" area with such businesses as Starbucks and Yoga studio.
The location was perfect for the sights we wanted to see. (The Henry Ford Museum) There is a 24 hour Tim Horton's next door. We also ate at MIller's bar which neighbors the inn on the other side. They have simple menu with cook to order burgers.
It was a typical $50 a night motel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MO314
Sydney
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed here because my main activity in Detroit was visiting The Henry Ford museum which is 2-3 kilometres away. I had a rental car. The motel was a bit old fashioned and sad looking. I believe it was undergoing renovations. A light breakfast was offered but it didn't look at all tempting. Luckly, there is a 24 hour Tim Horton's next door.
I booked it though Expedia and paid AU$286.59 for 3 nights including taxes.
I travelled to the downtown part of Detroit by local bus (SmartBus) for a cost of $1.50 each way.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo