“Great trip”

Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights while in Dearborn to visit The Henry Ford. The hotel staff was so friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to the Ford complex and they also have a shuttle available if you do not want to drive. Our room was very clean, the bed was comfortable with lots of pillows (a necessity for me) and the entire hotel is smoke free! The buffet breakfast area was large with lots of breakfast options and spotless. The employee (I wish I knew her name) kept every item full and clean so there were no spills or messes anywhere. There was plenty of seating too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia B

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed there Sat. night after vist to Henry Ford Museum visit with my kids. Surprised how high this hotel is rated. Dirty/stained hallway carpets, dirty/stained room carpets,splatter on lamp shade,wall. soap film in shower where bar of soap goes. Had to get a rag and clean that myself. Bed squeaky, pipes in wall make noise for some reason through out the night. Train tracks out my window next to parking lot, heard 2 trains rumble by that night. Kids running up and down the halls, looked like several kids b-day parties going on in different rooms. Two elevators, only one worked, per the cleaning lady. Positives: close to museum, Fairlane mall, breakfast not bad. Employees were nice. Needs major renovation, better detail to cleaning.

4  Thank Scott b
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My teenage son and I stayed here two nights to go to Henry Ford complex. From the minute we arrived, I have NO complaints! Melissa at the desk was friendly and helpful (and makes great cookies). The room was sparkling clean and seemed recently renovated. Breakfast was fine (for a buffet breakfast). My son enjoyed it a lot!! We took advantage of the shuttle service and it was great too! Very prompt, took us right to the front of the museum and picked us up when he said he would! Overall a great stay and would come back. Thanks to all the staff!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor near the end. Even though we were near the road, it was quiet.
1  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and two kids as a quick overnight after a day at the Ford museum. Staff was so friendly and even let us have a roll away bed in our tiny room, which was a lifesaver. one of the beds was really comfortable but the other one was noisy and hard as a rock so Hubby didn't sleep well at all. We were disappointed to see no hot tub until we stepped into the pool and it FELT like a hot tub. So incredibly warm and toasty. Staff wouldn't tell us the temp of the water (we asked several people) but it had to be at least 80. So awesome! TV cable was awesome.

Room Tip: Don';t get room 309 because the one bed was horrible.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff here are absolutely brilliant - nothing is too much trouble They are so enthusiastic about their property and the local area, and so proud of their awards (and rightly so).
The rooms themselves are spacious, nicely decorated, and very, very clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The employees of this Hotel went out of their way to be friendly and make us feel welcome. I certainly did not expect this level of service at a Comfort Inn. Kids enjoyed the pool and my wife and I enjoyed the pool being warm. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was the last hotel of many hotels that I stayed at on my long trip to and from Kansas. What was meant to be a one night stay ended up being a 3 night stay as there was bad weather and I was very comfortable there.

I had my daughter and a friend visit me during this stay and I have to say the staff made me feel very welcome! Everything was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Upon check in I was warned that the pool had just been refinished so it would be cold as it just happened that day. This slightly disappointed me as I made sure to bring suits for my daughter (15 month old) and I as other reviews raved about their indoor HEATED pool.

Breakfast was wonderful and even their housekeeping staff was very helpful and friendly which is unlike other hotels where I always feel rushed or ignored by staff.

The second day we were hit by "Thunder Snow" so I decided to stay another night and not risk the roads. That night I tried the pool with my daughter and it was still cold but it felt like a normal pool would be. I decided to stay the third night for personal reasons and tried the pool again and it was very warm! My daughter didn't want to get out of the pool! I will agree with an older review that it did make the air colder but seriously, you can't expect to have both. Either you get a nice heated pool with cold air or cold pool with warm air.

I highly recommend this hotel and HAVE recommended this place to many family and friends. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: The King sized room is really spacious even with a pack 'n' play.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family