“Wonderful Staff”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My room was clean my bed cozy and the location is perfect for a visit to the nearby attractions. I was staying here for my 50th class reunion and the staff could not have been more accommodating. I am very fussy about the condition of the bathroom and this one met my needs, except for a slow draining sink. I liked the way the sink is not in the bathroom itself and had lots of counter space for all my make-up and hair products. I am also a sheet snob and these sheets were soft on my sensitive skin. Worth the price just for that!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed September 27, 2013

There are some excellent features in this hotel. We had a very comfortable King size bed, the best I ever experienced away from home. The bathroom was clean, the towels were plush:) Breakfast was very good and included in the room price. There was an overwhelming chemical smell throughout the facility, this caused us to open the window in our room and to avoid any type of services that might cause the chemical to be used in our room, we put the do not disturb sign on our door during our 2 day stay. Although there was a shuttle service to Greenfield Village, we chose to use our own transportation. Another reviewer mentioned the carpet was "tired" and I found that comment accurate. I would be inclined to try another hotel if I visited the area again.

Room Tip: Amtrack in near the rear of this hotel, not a problem for us as we live near a railroad track. Anoth...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 840BJB2013
Everett, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The room was kind of small, but not bad. The sink and vanity is right inside the door, so if they door is opened, all of you and your stuff is on view from the hallway. The room was very clean and nice, but the carpets in the hallways are VERY dirty. The breakfast room just isn't big enough for everyone and the breakfast itself was just OK. Our elevator failed to open when it reached the lobby once and we had to use the emergency alarm. Not a bad experience, but a Three star experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is fantastic I'd you are visiting the greenfield village, ford museum, ford rouge factory tour. The hotel van will take you to those sights & pick you up. Plenty of very nice restaurants within a mile. You can buy your tickets from these attractions at the hotel desk.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. We used the pool a couple of times. Towels at poolside. Also used the washer/dryer. Laundry room very clean.
This is definitely a cheaper alternative to the pricey hotels in the Detroit area. I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Some of the travelers in our party stayed at the Dearborn Inn, but wished they stayed with us. Our rooms were nice, not stellar, but clean and comfortable. Decent breakfast. Good staff. A cheaper alternative.

While our friends wished they saved a few bucks and stayed with us I do have to admit the clientele here was at times a little shady. Overall most guests were great. One night the kids couldn't go swimming because of couples making out in the pool. Another night we encountered a meth addict waiting in the lobby. The Dearborn Inn probably filters out that crowd a little better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
toronto
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed in this hotel whilst visiting the Ford Museum.
On arrival the staff were very welcoming, and there were home made cookies and coffee available in the lobby.
The rooms are extremely well cared for, and the pool ,in a very bright area was a joy at the end of a hot day at the museum.
The free shuttle to the museum , and reduced rate entrance tickets were gratefully received. and the shuttle driver, a very pleasant fellow, made the day even more enjoyable. He returned for us very promptly when we called the hotel.
Would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: All rooms quiet,as this hotel has sound proof windows.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, CO
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and son while we were visiting The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Museum. Not only was the room spacious and nice, but the bed was extremely comfortable. We had to cancel the first night (out of 3) because we weren't able to get there on time and there was absolutely no problem. When we needed a ride to and from Greenfield Village it was no problem and both drivers were friendly and courteous. What I was most impressed with is that I (unfortunately) forgot a dress in the closet and a pillow on the bed. I called when I was about 15 minutes away and asked if they could mail the dress. They reassured me they would-at the time I didn't know I had left the pillow. I just called to follow up and not only did they mail the dress, but the pillow also! That is going above and beyond! Regarding the post when the wedding party was there, I think we were there at the same time and I didn't see anything that they mentioned. Yes, it is not the Marriott, but you aren't paying the price of the Marriott. I am a Marriott member and this hotel is as good if not better than some Marriott hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family