“Comfort Inn, Dearborn Michigan”

Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Chicago, Illinois
“Comfort Inn, Dearborn Michigan”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Inn met all our expectations. It was clean, staff was friendly, and the shuttle to and from the train, and to and from Greenfield and the Henry Ford Museum was prompt and convenient. We enjoyed being able to have breakfast in the hotel since the area within walking distance did not have any restaurants. We came on Amtrak and didn't have a car so the shuttle was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrappe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a good experience here and would recommend this hotel especially if you are visiting Greenfield Village, the Henry Ford, or the Rouge factory. Property is close to these attractions, but not within walking distance. The inn provides van service, but we did not utilize it. Breakfast was adequate and the overall experience for the price was great. We had a suite because we stayed for three nights and were doing the various Dearborn attractions. If you are driving, it takes a little while to get acclimated to the divided highway serving this hotel and the U-turn situation--not a detriment, just a helpful 'be aware' if you haven't been here before.

1 Thank Andy5573
Bucyrus, Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great place to stay if you are taking in the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, we also went to the ballpark...They do need to get queen sized beds though...Hot breakfast could use better quality of food...

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc.) are not 4 star locations. I think some reviewers compare them to full service, upscale hotels. As Choice Hotels go, this is a very good one; at least based on our experience. There were areas that needed a bit of updating...some of the carpets, for instance, were quite worn. But overall, the rooms and public areas were clean and we saw staff constantly working to keep it so.
Previous reviews have mentioned Josh on the front desk. He was our intro to the hotel, as well. He was quite informative and helpful, although I'm still not sure that the deal he gave us on our tickets to The Ford and Greenfield Village was the best available. He was quite persuasive, however.
Seeing many of the female staff in Islamic garb gave the hotel an interesting international feel that coincided with our interest in also enjoying a Middle Eastern restaurant (our choice of Al Ameer got Josh's endorsement). The breakfast area is larger than we've seen at most Comfort Inns (a good thing, since many families visiting Greenfield Village stay here) and I enjoyed having blue berry batter for my waffles. The staff did a great job keeping up with cleaning up tables and maintaining the food line. No password was required to use the adjacent business area computers and printing out our boarding passes was a breeze.
Our room window faced the train tracks and, if I hadn't looked out at the right time, I wouldn't have been aware of a passing freight train...the sound insulation was that good.
The shuttle to the museum was appreciated, although we had a half-hour wait for pickup at the end of the day. Apparently, a new Amtrak station is being built next to the hotel that will surely bring in even more guests.

1 Thank oregonpoppa
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wonderful location to visit the Henry Ford. Great shuttle service which is very convenient. We really enjoyed the breakfast which had great selection and was very well looked after by the staff. Everyone was most helpful in providing local information to help make our stay very pleasant. We found the hotel to be very clean and the bed was excellent. Great flat screen TV too. Highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Try it, you will not be soory!
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wow, I can't believe that I stayed in the same hotel as my Tripadvisor colleagues. First off, let me say that this was not my first choice...both Marriot hotels were booked during my last minute trip, so I took a chance on this place based on it's high score and generally positve reviews. I booked online with Expedia the day before we travelled. Upon arrival, we waited 10 minutes to check in. Our room was on the ground floor next to the laundry. The hall to the room was dark, hot, noisy and FILTHY. My heart sank with every step taken towards the room. We opened the door to discover there was one bed not the two doubles I had booked. As I was travelling with my daughter this room wasn't going to cut it on any level. Returned to the desk and waited another 10 minutes to get the room changed and was scolded (there's no other word for it) by the manager for using a third party booking site that he claimed had "clearly" screwed up the reservation. I stood there and took it, thinking that if they couldn't put me in a better room, I was just going to walk and eat the expense.of the reservation. In the end, they moved us to another floor which was also dirty, but cooler and quieter. On a positive note, the room was clean, though very basic...would agree with a recent reviewers description as "worn". Breakfast the next day was standard fare served in a grubby dining room. My advice is to grab a yogurt and run. I've stayed in several cheaper hotels that were recommended by others on this site but never had this bad an experience. Really can't believe we visited the same hotel that got multiple 5 star ratings. Even if we experienced some perfect storm I cannot justify even three stars for a dirty, worn motel staffed by inefficient, rude people. Avoid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PAJX2
Russell, Kentucky
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited with seven others on August 16, 17, 18 for the Woodward Cruise. Also went to Ford Museum. Staff was very nice and helpful. Would like to brag on Josh and Kaitlyn at the front desk. Would stay again. Room was clean, ac about froze me, but that is good. Maybe some new hallway carpet, but a busy motel has worn carpet.

Room Tip: Ask for Josh or Kaitlyn.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends