“Great visit...”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Bucyrus, Ohio
“Great visit...”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great place to stay if you are taking in the Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, we also went to the ballpark...They do need to get queen sized beds though...Hot breakfast could use better quality of food...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc.) are not 4 star locations. I think some reviewers compare them to full service, upscale hotels. As Choice Hotels go, this is a very good one; at least based on our experience. There were areas that needed a bit of updating...some of the carpets, for instance, were quite worn. But overall, the rooms and public areas were clean and we saw staff constantly working to keep it so.
Previous reviews have mentioned Josh on the front desk. He was our intro to the hotel, as well. He was quite informative and helpful, although I'm still not sure that the deal he gave us on our tickets to The Ford and Greenfield Village was the best available. He was quite persuasive, however.
Seeing many of the female staff in Islamic garb gave the hotel an interesting international feel that coincided with our interest in also enjoying a Middle Eastern restaurant (our choice of Al Ameer got Josh's endorsement). The breakfast area is larger than we've seen at most Comfort Inns (a good thing, since many families visiting Greenfield Village stay here) and I enjoyed having blue berry batter for my waffles. The staff did a great job keeping up with cleaning up tables and maintaining the food line. No password was required to use the adjacent business area computers and printing out our boarding passes was a breeze.
Our room window faced the train tracks and, if I hadn't looked out at the right time, I wouldn't have been aware of a passing freight train...the sound insulation was that good.
The shuttle to the museum was appreciated, although we had a half-hour wait for pickup at the end of the day. Apparently, a new Amtrak station is being built next to the hotel that will surely bring in even more guests.

1 Thank oregonpoppa
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wonderful location to visit the Henry Ford. Great shuttle service which is very convenient. We really enjoyed the breakfast which had great selection and was very well looked after by the staff. Everyone was most helpful in providing local information to help make our stay very pleasant. We found the hotel to be very clean and the bed was excellent. Great flat screen TV too. Highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Try it, you will not be soory!
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wow, I can't believe that I stayed in the same hotel as my Tripadvisor colleagues. First off, let me say that this was not my first choice...both Marriot hotels were booked during my last minute trip, so I took a chance on this place based on it's high score and generally positve reviews. I booked online with Expedia the day before we travelled. Upon arrival, we waited 10 minutes to check in. Our room was on the ground floor next to the laundry. The hall to the room was dark, hot, noisy and FILTHY. My heart sank with every step taken towards the room. We opened the door to discover there was one bed not the two doubles I had booked. As I was travelling with my daughter this room wasn't going to cut it on any level. Returned to the desk and waited another 10 minutes to get the room changed and was scolded (there's no other word for it) by the manager for using a third party booking site that he claimed had "clearly" screwed up the reservation. I stood there and took it, thinking that if they couldn't put me in a better room, I was just going to walk and eat the expense.of the reservation. In the end, they moved us to another floor which was also dirty, but cooler and quieter. On a positive note, the room was clean, though very basic...would agree with a recent reviewers description as "worn". Breakfast the next day was standard fare served in a grubby dining room. My advice is to grab a yogurt and run. I've stayed in several cheaper hotels that were recommended by others on this site but never had this bad an experience. Really can't believe we visited the same hotel that got multiple 5 star ratings. Even if we experienced some perfect storm I cannot justify even three stars for a dirty, worn motel staffed by inefficient, rude people. Avoid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PAJX2
Russell, Kentucky
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited with seven others on August 16, 17, 18 for the Woodward Cruise. Also went to Ford Museum. Staff was very nice and helpful. Would like to brag on Josh and Kaitlyn at the front desk. Would stay again. Room was clean, ac about froze me, but that is good. Maybe some new hallway carpet, but a busy motel has worn carpet.

Room Tip: Ask for Josh or Kaitlyn.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed August 22, 2013

While traveling with my mother we arrived a night ahead of schedule in the Detroit area and stumbled upon the Comfort Inn around the corner from The Henry Ford Museum. We just pulled up and received a reasonable rate without prior reservation, Josh was the associate at the front desk and took care of all our questions and mad we feel welcome. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The next night we left for a major downtown hotel that I had previously booked for us. That hotel was such a disappointment that we call Josh back and moved back to the Comfort Inn at half the price of the larger downtown hotel. Most important to us was how safe we also felt there.

I have over 20years experience in the hospitality industry and I recommend this property with out hesitation and Josh is one of the best associates I have come across.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here to visit The Henry Ford because of TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed.

The accommodations are a bit "tired", otherwise this hotel would get an "excellent" from us. The closet was not enclosed and was not very big. It was big enough for a 2 night stay, though. There were also no towel racks near the sink, and we thought it was odd to have to go into the bathroom to dry your hands. The free breakfast was just so-so. Everything was very well maintained, however, and things that needed it had been updated or replaced. Everything was clean, too.

We thought the king-size bed in our room was very comfortable. The room was in back by the train tracks. I only heard one modern train go through and was thrilled to hear the whistle of the steam engine on Greenfield Village track during the day. Otherwise, the room was quiet except for a few unruly kids on the first night.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff. On our first night we asked for restaurant recommendations and they told us about Big Fish, among others. Big Fish deserves a separate review; I had one of the best salmon dishes I ever ate there. The hotel gave us coupons for a free dessert and we really liked that, too.

The staff was also informative about The Henry Ford attractions and we ended up buying our tickets through the hotel, which saved us a few bucks. They were very flexible in scheduling rides to and from the attractions. We never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes for the van to take us to the attractions or pick us up to bring us back. They'll bring you back to the hotel from the attractions even after you've checked out for the day, which really helped.

The Henry Ford attractions are another review. We had no idea how much there was to see and how much fun we'd have. We'll be returning and will have no qualms staying at this Comfort Inn, again.

1 Thank CptAhab