“I was disappointed.”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Delmar, Maryland
“I was disappointed.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The carpet in the room was dirty, but the hall carpets were filthy. The security device at the back door was broken and anyone could have walked right inside. The room was clean except for the carpet. The breakfast attendant hustled to keep things stocked although the eggs left something to be desired. The hotel is very proud that they are ranked #1 in Dearborn. I would suggest a nearby community. I was concerned about safety and I don't like having to wear my shoes in the room.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2013

First of all this Inn was close to everything, and the shuttle service was always right there, we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for pickup or drop off. The Inn was clean, renovated, and everyone always greeted you with a smile. The room was typical size, the water pressure & temp in the shower were great even on the 4th floor, the beds were a little to firm for our liking but you cant have everything. The room was quiet, I didnt hear any outside noise. It was obvious that the place was busy but there was always enough breakfast for everyone and the staff was constantly refilling and cleaning. The pool was small but nice for the kids to burn off some energy and open till 11pm. We purchased a special package to visit the Henry Ford & Greenfield Village and I think it was well worth the money. As a heads up to all it's a bit chilly in the museum and the food is awful so pack a lunch. Greenfield village is beautiful, we were there for the day and still weren't able to see everything :( The food is better there but probably still better to pack your lunch. The staff were great with the children. Try to plan your day to watch their plays and reenactments, and buy their all day ride pass. Beware of soot on your clothing from the train (dont wear your best clothes!). We traveled 5 hours from IL and definitely would go again.

Room Tip: First floor can have pool traffic so if you must have the first floor (there are elevators) request...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
American in Bogota
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I can't understand why this property is well rated (its rating being the reason we picked it and were willing to shell out $145/night for it). The rooms are very small (your bathroom sink is literally at the door to the room so you have no privacy and there no real closet, just a niche space with no door). The window was so small the room was always dark. The AC unit blew like a hurracane. The pull-out sofa was so awful (springs popping through) that even my toddlers refused to sleep on it. There was constant noise both early morning and late night (we could hear the people across the hall talking at the bathroom sink which is ridiculously close the door. People were smoking in their rooms even though it was supposedly non-smoking. Overall the furniture everywhere seemed worn out. We had a disagreement about the final room rate and although the difference was only $12 the check-in attendant told us she was unauthorized to do anything about it and just gave us a vapid, blank stare. The breakfast area was unbelievably crowded, everything was constantly running out, the food was horrible, the coffee was like water. I would never stay here again and would be willing to drive a few extra miles to avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChiquiMonster
Sycamore, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel mostly because we are Choice Privileges members and for the convenience close to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Upon entering, Josh at the Front Desk was very cheerful with welcoming us. He also gave us recommendations to nearby restaurants and were very good. I'd recommend Buddy's Pizza. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. There never seemed a shortage of the food supply. One day we had gone to the Westborn Market down the street and purchased some blueberries and brought them down with us to breakfast to put on our oatmeal and cereal, everyone was asking, "Where'd you get the blueberries, I didn't see any." We said, "down the street!" They were delicious Michigan blueberries. I would recommend this hotel for the friendly, outgoing staff (especially Josh) and the cleanliness of the place. We are planning on coming out to see Greenfield Village in the winter time and will definitely stay here again. It seemed the cookies in the lobby were always gone when we got back so I never got to taste them. :( The only down side is that the hallway needed a good vacuuming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This establishment is welcoming from the second you walk in the front door. Joshua always seemed to be at the front desk, and he is friendly, cheerful, and so willing to help with anything needed. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Although the hotel was pretty much sold out, it was very quiet in our room. Everyone on the staff made an effort to greet us when they walked by, whether in the hallway or breakfast room, they all seemed to take the time to make us feel like welcomed guests.

We loved the hot chocolate chip cookies and lemonade or ice tea that were put out in the lobby in the evening. When I told Josh that I never seemed to be able to get any cookies because they were always gone when I got to the lobby, he offered to save a couple of them for us when he made them for the group that was coming in that evening. When the phone didn't work in our room and we called the front desk, he tried to help over the phone and then came to our room to get it working for us. Breakfast was great, from the two kinds of waffles to the scrambled eggs, little cheese omelets, biscuits and gravy, sausage, all kinds of fruit and cereal, yogurt, toast, muffins...just about anything you would want for a nice breakfast.

We took advantage of the package that was offered by the hotel with tickets to two of the museums. We chose the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, which were both fantastic. You need an entire day to see each of them, but they are well worth it. Parking was included in the cost of the tickets that we purchased through the hotel, but there is a shuttle to take you to the museums if you don't want to drive there yourself. We were offered a reduced rate on our hotel room with the package, and we were very pleased with our stay at this Comfort Inn. It truly lives up to its name.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ironton, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2013

While vacationing we made reservations at this location primarily for the shuttle service to Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum.

At check-in the Hostess, Cecilia, greeted with a warm smile and made the initial contact very comforting. She arranged for our room to be located close to an exterior entry, I am a smoker.

Brad, Sales Manager, made reservations for us at two very nice eating establishments and guided us to sights in the area.

Both of the shuttle drivers were talkative and showed interest in all passengers on our trips.

The entire staff greeted us with smiles and a hello each day.

The breakfast bar as with most Comfort Inn's was clean and friendly.

We will definitely stay at this location on any returning trips to the Dearborn area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights at the Comfort Inn outside the gates of the Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn MI last week. The staff was very helpful and cheerful. We arrived around noon and there were plenty of people checking in, now I know why.
While checking in I purchased ticket vouchers to the Ford Rouge Plant, where they make F150’s, and a voucher for the Museum. I was told that the shuttle from the hotel would take our party to the Rouge Plant and that it was leaving in 15 minutes. I quickly threw my stuff in my room and met my party and off we went. I would recommend seeing the Plant; however, we were there when the Plant was shut down for model change. Called the Inn and they came and picked us up – wonderful!
The following morning we did the shuttle again, only this time to the Museum. If you haven’t seen the Museum or if you haven’t seen it for a while, you need to go. Called later and they picked us up. It is only a short distance from the Inn, and you not only save on parking, but they drop you off pretty much at the door.
The rooms were clean. The pool was filled with kids most of the time, so not too many adults. They have a free breakfast and plenty to eat. The only downside was the coffee was a bit lame.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family