“Ritz Carlton Style in Dearborn”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
San Francisco Bay Area
“Ritz Carlton Style in Dearborn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at The Henry for an extended holiday weekend. When we first arrived, the hotel was basically full of businesspersons. During the weekend, the clientele shifted to families on holiday and wedding attendees - there were at least 2 weddings in the hotel during the weekend. The hotel sits on the edge of a business center/mall, sort of out in the middle of nowhere (a car is required to do anything - no walking.)The public rooms are very nice, a holdover from the former Ritz Carlton status. Our room was fine, nothing spectacular. We had a bit of a problem checking in (somehow, they couldn't find our reservation) but other than that, everything was fine. The bell staff was friendly and helpful. We avoided parking charges by parking the car ourselves. Although the dinner in the dining room wasn't particularly spectacular, it was perfectly fine and the breakfast buffet was fabulous. The gym is clean and well appointed. If you're going to the Detroit area and you don't want to stay downtown, there's no better place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, facing away from the expressway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Cnalsc,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel with all of our distinctive amenities, we worked tirelessly to design and renovate our space when we became The Henry, and it is great to know that it still retains the class and luxury we intended. I hope that you had an opportunity to take in the artwork throughout the hotel, the collections in our guest rooms are all by local Michigan artists. We will use your feedback to continue improving and hope to have a chance to welcome you back again.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - The Henry, Autograph Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was formerly a Ritz Carlton, I am told, but The Henry is no less luxurious than any Ritz I ever stayed in. The staff is exceptional. The concierge level offers a good breakfast for those on the move and the evening cocktail/appetizers can replace a meal(my only complaint is that this amenity is not open on Saturday and Sunday). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Big Boy,
I am pleased that you were able to join us from Charlottesville. Thank you so much for your kind comments about your experience. We have put exceptional care in designing and renovating the hotel to maintain the same luxury of our past life, but enliven your experience with unique décor. For our Elite Gold and Platinum guests we now offer breakfast on weekend mornings in TRIA when the lounge is closed, I hope you were able to take advantage of that. We certainly look forward to a chance to welcome you back again.
Harrison Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We only live 20 minutes away but this is such a great getaway. We got the package deal with tickets to the Henry Ford museum, Greenfield Village, or the Rouge factory tour. What a value. The hotel is beautiful but it's the little touches that make it stand out. You are treated like royalty from the valet, front desk, bar, and restaurant. I just can't say enough about this place. I would definitely say it is the ONLY place to stay if you are in the Dearborn area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Labatt Man,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We are so pleased that you choose to stay with us when you are visiting the area and that the Henry Ford Escape package is the perfect choice for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was our fourth stay at this beautiful hotel. We come every year to enjoy the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. There are no negative comments to make regarding this hotel. It is beautifully appointed. Clean. Quiet. There are little touches around the room that make it a superior hotel. All the things a traveller wants. We will come again and again. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant is delicious, the restaurant decor warm and inviting. Staff are extremely gracious, courteous and hardworking. On this trip they upgraded us to a top floor room because it was a special occasion for us. Lovely touch. The mall directly across the street is a plus. There are several restaurants within a two minute drive. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors are lovely but not necessary as the rooms are quiet and road noise does not seem to be...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Laverne,
I am humbled to know that you have been staying with us so loyally! Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience. I am pleased to know that you always enjoy the hotel with all of our distinctive design touched and amenities. We will be working this year and next year to make even more improvements to your experience in the lobby, pool, and meeting areas. We very much look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to The Henry Ford Museum. Holiday Nights is coming up soon! Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed her for 2 days to attend a friends wedding, I was totally overwhelmed by the service. From the valet crew to the check in to the service staff at the bar and restraint. When in the Detroit or Dearborn area I would not stay anywhere else. I stayed at this hotel a few years ago when it was operated by Ritz, I think Marriott is doing a better job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
John,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great hotel - my room was clean, the housekeeping staff terrific. The food was phenomenal, as well (I was there for a conference).

The only thing negative to say -
If you are using MetroCars to/from the airport, be sure you be VERY clear to the bellhop that's the car you are going to get into. I insisted I had a MetroCar reservation, and yet was quickly ushered into an unmarked taxi (and later had to explain the mishap to MetroCars, because I had a reservation with them). I think they were in a hurry to get people off to the airport, since there were 2 conferences letting out at the same time.

Other than that - absolutely great hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Allison,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent conference. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve. Thank you for your kid words about the service, food, and cleanliness that you experiences. We have shared your other comments with our door and bell staff to ensure that these details are not missed in the future. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a trip planned to see a performance at the Royal Oak Theatre and needed somewhere to stay afterwards. I really did not want to stay in Detroit, so I was excited to discover the Henry in Dearborn. We took advantage of the package that included the breakfast buffet and tickets to the Henry Ford Museum...COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE PLEASED.

All the pictures that I found on Trip Advisor were true to our experience. I visited the artwork on every floor and in every nook and cranny in the hotel. Loved the aesthetics and having such beauty all around...really unique experience

The room was wonderful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We're already planning another trip for next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, but we found even rooms on the "freeway" side are still very qui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
April,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. It is wonderful to know that you were able to truly immerse yourself in the Henry experience and enjoy all of our artwork before you ventured off to the theatre and museum. I am so pleased that you will be joining us again, please feel free to reach out to me if I may offer any assistance. We look forward to your return.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
MGM Grand Detroit
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,057 reviews

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!