The Henry, Autograph Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
All reviewsritz carltonart galleryfor salebeautiful hotelclub levelbeautiful artworkon displayupscale hotelconcierge loungedetroit areaself parkingdoor mangreenfield villageexercise roombed was very comfortablebreakfast buffetmarriott property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed one night at The Henry and it was an excellent experience. Customer service was everything I've come to expect from a Marriott property...excellent and consistent. The decor both in the rooms and throughout the rest of the hotel is incredible. Amazing art work, even in the rooms, very tastefully and richly decorated. Like staying in an art gallery. On-site restaurant was very good both for dinner and breakfast. Incredible view of downtown Detroit and the Ambassador bridge from our room. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dobolina,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel with all of our distinctive artwork. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This was easily the best hotel stay I have ever had. The whole experience was one that has me wanting to return again and again. They treated my dog like a member of there family they went above and beyond in every way.

• Stayed: October 2013
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Jagkanda,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We understand how important our four legged friends are, and I am pleased that your pup felt welcomed here. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Henry for Business. It was the start of a new career and I was pleasantly surprised to find outstanding accommodations. The room was simply breath taking and very comfortable. Great location and very accommodating. I needed shuttle service to my business location daily and to my surprise I called to ask for a driver to pick me up due to rain. The food in the restaurant was superb. I would actually go back on my own dime.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

VainVine,
Congratulations on your new position! I am pleased that you were able to stay with us for your inaugural trip. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our future travelers find these reviews extremely helpful when choosing where to stay during their trips, and your comments are an important part of that. It is wonderful to hear that our staff was so accommodating, and that you enjoyed your guest room with all of its distinctive amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, whether for work or leisure.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

As an Event Specialist, working with hotels and venues to create a memorable experience for clients is half the battle. Furthermore, working with vendors means you have to trust them enough to represent your brand as they are an extension of your service for a few days. The Henry Hotel did an incredible job. I worked with Alison C., on everything from planning the menus during our meeting days to the floor plan of our meeting room and beyond. She served as a liason for the AV Tech team, the service and banuqet staff, as well as the front desk adn transportation. All of which were attentive, personable and very professional. The food at their restaurant (try the salmon or any of their specials) is amazing. We asked for alot during our stay and they consistently delivered. The hotel itself is refreshing and feels like a clean, modern but quaint hotel with gorgeous art lining the cheerful walls. This place is truly a gem! Thanks Henry Hotel - for an incredible few days!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

clneedels,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate you sharing feedback with out future guests, they rely on reviews like yours to make educated decisions about where to stay and host events. I will be sure we recognize Alison for the relationship that she established with you and the guidance she provided throughout your whole process. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team, the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. Each survey we receive is shared to improve the service that we provide to the team. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We spent the weekend here to attend a UofM open house. While the room size and layout were typical, what was done with them made this hotel stand out as exemplary. Very clean, artistically decorated, comfortable beds, mini fridge and a large well appointed bath. Top it off with free wifi, bottled water and a reasonable rate and you have the perfect stay. The pool, sauna and spa are complemented by a delux locker room with everything you'd need. The breakfast buffet is well done American fare. We purchased the stay with breakfast package and it was worth every penny. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dori,
Thank you for choosing us during your last visit to UofM. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and rely on it to continue improving. We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your room with its artwork and décor as well as complimentary amenities such as Wi-Fi and bottled water. Great choice with the stay for breakfast package; cost is such an important consideration when travelling, especially when you are visiting colleges across the area. We can’t wait to welcome you back.