“Very Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
New York
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

To be honest when we left for a wedding at the Henry, we didn't have particularly high expectations (particularly for the price). But the hotel itself was very nice, the room was great, and we really enjoyed our stay. Compared to hotels we had stayed at recently the drinks were cheap and room service reasonable. The staff was incredibly pleasant and helpful, and made the stay particularly memorable. For the price would definitely recommend the hotel (although I will admit that wasn't much to do in Dearborn).

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to join us for the recent wedding. We work to exceed guests' expectations and it is great to know that we have hit our mark. I regret that you did not find much to do in Dearborn, I can assure you it is a lively town and we would be happy to make are recommendations for your return trip. Please reach out to me if I may lend any personal assistance.
313-253-4344

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We bought a "Groupon" for The Henry which also included Greenfield Village tickets. The hotel was great-art work everywhere and a different artist featured on every floor. Many beautiful pieces in the lobby and the gallery is also on site. We loved the restaurant too-fabulous food. I have not been to Greenfield Village since I was a kid and enjoyed it better now. It was a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Desiree,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the Travel Zoo promotion and stay with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am glad that the artwork throughout the hotel created a unique experience for you, and you were able to explore the space. If you did not enjoy a tour during this visit, you can request a personal tour from our gallery director. I had never been to Greenfield Village before last year and I have been back three times since, I love it too; it is certainly not only for kids. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

In late July, we were invited to a VIP event with Park West Galleries that was held in The Henry in Dearborn. This hotel has hundreds of pieces of artwork - originals and prints - on display throughout the property. The walls are stunning.
The restaurant and bar service is above average and the food selections quite unique.
The review would be a 5 if the front desk listened to the communication of our host and we did not get locked out of our room despite the prearrangement for a late checkout.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patsy Canuck,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to join us for the Park West event. We are so pleased that you felt embraced in the amazing art that adorns our walls, even our guest rooms have original art hanging on the walls, all told we have well over 1000 pieces throughout the hotel, and as we continue to refresh our public spaces that number only increases. Please know that we are updating our lock system with RFID readers which will eliminate cards preemptively getting demagnetized, so I assure you that mishap will not occur upon your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here with a TravelZoo deal, $99 included breakfast for 2. The lobby,hallways and room walls are covered with beautiful framed original art. Makes you feel like you're in an art museum. The staff was the friendliest I've ever met. From the minute we walked in, the 1st person we met chatted with us about our hometown where he went to college. He also suggested that we call the restaurant in the morning to let them know when we were gonig down because it was a busy weekend. That night we ordered room service and started talking with the deliverer about the baseball game we had just attended. As he left, he introduced himself and shook our hands!! The next morning, greeted by the restaurant host for a full, sit down breakfast in a lovely space. AGAIN, friendly waitstaff that was happy to chat. I would go back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Potfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Nella,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the Travel Zoo promotion and visit with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel with all of our beautiful artwork. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Roselle, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Welcome, that is what you feel the moment you enter, from the doorman, bellboy, and registration. The room is warm, inviting and welcoming. Don't forget to look at the art work adorning the walls. Enjoy a fabulous meat or buffet in he restaurant or a nightcap at the bar. Everyone is so wonderful and hospitable. Be sure to take a trip to the museum and village.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sue,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We agree with your suggestion to venture to the museum. We know how important guest reviews are for future travelers, and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward tow welcoming you back.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, formerly the Ritz Hotel, now part of the Marriott chain. Clean ,comfortable and modern. free wifi, free parking which is very important to me, since this can quickly increase the price of the daily rate. They have a nice restaurant with an innovative menu. Try the steel cut oatmeal creme brûlée! Friendly staff. We had a little mishap when we checked in, our room was occupied! The front desk gave us another room and a complimentary breakfast for two for the inconvenience! Location is near the freeway and several attractions, not far from airport either. Definitely I will stay there again if I return to Detroit.

Room Tip: By the look of other hotels in the area, I was happy I chose to stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
K F Harper,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I totally agree with your recommendation of the oatmeal crème brulee, it is like dessert for breakfast! I regret that we missed an opportunity for a seamless arrival, but I am pleased that due to a swift recovery it did not inhibit your experience. I certainly hope that we have a chance to welcome you back again soon.
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

From check-in to check-out, this was a wonderful experience. The front desk person greeted us by name, acknowledged my Marriott Platinum status, and upgraded us to the Concierge Level.

We were meeting other people for dinner and the front desk personnel, as well as the restaurant hostess, made two changes to our dinner reservations without a hitch. And, they were quite pleasant about it! (How many times have you requested changes in dinner reservations, only to be met with surliness? Not here!!)

Dinner was superb. Attentive service, excellently prepared food, and reasonable prices.
The hotel was attractive, well maintained, clean, and comfortable. I would definitely return to this hotel! Outstanding!!

Room Tip: Go for the Concierge level - breakfast, snacks, drinks are nice; rooms are not "plush", bu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cless Cleveland,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the culinary mastery of our chefs in TRIA and that each aspect of your visit was impeccable. Thank you for your continued loyalty, it truly is a pleasure welcoming repeat guests back. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
MGM Grand Detroit
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,067 reviews

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!