“Very nice stay at the Henry”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Henry on a Friday night and had overall a very good experience. The staff is generally very friendly (I would note a few exceptions, especially in the restaurant) and I was checked in quickly. The room was decent size (a bit small) but very well appointed. The marble bathroom was great and the bed was indeed amazingly comfortable. Noise between rooms was minimal, at least when I was there. My only complaint was parking-the lot at the hotel is not nearly large enough and we had to park way in the back by the service bays. Be sure not to park in the business buildings nearby as you will be towed-lots of signs make sure you know this. But overall, a very pleasant experience at the Henry and I would stay there again.

3  Thank 42492Escamillo
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

42492Escamillo,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your review of the hotel. We pride ourselves on impeccable service and it is great to know from our guests how we are doing. Please know that there is a great deal of additional signed hotel parking on the far side of Fairlane Plaza, and Valet parking is available as well. I am very pleased to hear that the service you experienced was to the standard that we expect, but we will use your comments about the exceptions to monitor the service in the areas you noted. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my 3rd night this week in a higher-end Marriott property. Two JW Marriott stays proceeded this. This hotel was by FAR the best. One of the best Marriott properties I have stayed at. The chic feel was backed up by great service.

The rooms are contemporary, good size, and well maintained. Bed was comfortable. The room itself is near Ritz quality. Marble bathrooms, etc.

The rooms were very quiet even though the hotel was quite full. Lots of artwork on the walls.

Bar area was hip. Restaurant looked nice. I had breakfast in the lounge and it was well staffed.

Great views of Ford HQ from the east facing rooms.

Room Tip: Floor 11 is the top. Floor 10 houses the lounge which is OPEN to the floor, ie it could be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lucycan
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Lucycan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to The Henry. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you found the lush appointments and design of the hotel to enhance a luxury experience. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

For a getaway, we took advantage of the special that offers tickets to the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village plus accommodations and a voucher for their Tria restaurant. We had both been working long hours many days in a row, but from the moment we pulled up, we left our cares behind. We were immediately greeted by staff (Sam) and helped with luggage and parking. It's more than the cursory service. A really warm and personal welcome. Check-in was a breeze.We were up in our room with luggage delivered and fresh ice in minutes. The room is spacious, crisp, clean and contemporary, with colorful modern art contrasting with the white and gray decor. Marble bathroom- authentic white marble. The bed and linens were top notch.
Tria restaurant: We loved every moment here. They have entrees, but we chose to go with several small plates. Their menu is on a iPad- with photos and explanations- makes choosing a wine to match easy, fun and "techy". Sylvana was the perfect server. Always ready with a suggestion, personable, there when you need something but allowing privacy. And her suggestions were great: the mango sorbet is more than "sherbet". It is homemade and the presentation in a spun sugar bowl with the freshest of fruit was such a winner, we had it again the next night after enjoying a local pizza.( I usually go for the chocolate choice- but this was exceptional!)
Many of the staff are the same who stayed from when The Henry was a Ritz-Carlton, and it shows. Such service, always with a smile, not stuffy at all, just a perfect balance.
Quiet halls, even on a night when there was a large wedding.
The ONLY downside, the pool. I love kids but 4-10 children per supervising adult is just too much for a relaxing swim. Even smaller families did not stay because it was too chaotic. And there were never towels because the large groups used them all.
The location is just 3 miles from The Henry Ford (museum) and Greenfield Village. The grounds are inviting so you don't feel like you are right beside a shopping mall. Safe parking.
The public rooms and restaurant decor was very inviting. (Even thought they were refinishing floors in the main restaurant and moved it to another room- that was equally well-appointed). Lots of unique artwork, contemporary furnishings juxtaposed with lead crystal chandeliers.
When we left, Paul gave us the final assistance. This is a hotel to return to in the future...

Room Tip: The front of the hotel has much better views.(even numbered rooms)
3  Thank Vissidarte

Vissidarte,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. I am pleased that the environment within the hotel helped to make your stay more enjoyable. We rely on our guests' comments to continue improving and our management team reviews them every week. Please know that the safety and comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance, and our security team will be more closely monitoring the activities in the pool area to ensure it is inviting and safe for every family. I am pleased to share that the floor is complete in TRIA and it looks fabulous (pictures are on the TRIA Facebook page.)
You had a great Henry experience and I am pleased you took the dessert suggestions, I too am a chocolate lover but have been persuaded to try the sorbet and the key lime pie and loved them both. During your next visit I hope you can take in an art tour and get to know some more about the painters that adorn our walls.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back. Please reach out to me directly if I may be o assistance with any future reservations.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was first class. The rooms were clean,extra large, beds comfortable, and truly free wi-fi. The staff sincerely helpful, and the hotel's restaurant had excellent food and service. While it does not offer any shuttle service to and from The Henry Ford, it is located only 3 miles away. The artwork displayed on all floors of the hotel was an interesting touch and an unexpected pleasure. I would highly recommend this hotel while enjoying The Henry Ford.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank beckycain
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Becky,
I am pleased that you chose to stay with us for your recent visit to The Henry Ford museum. Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about the hotel. I appreciate you mentioning the service that you experienced throughout the hotel and restaurant, we pride ourselves on that and I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Our gallery director will be pleased that you enjoyed the artwork throughout the hotel. Ask for him during your next visit and he will gladly give you a tour. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to the museum.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights while celebrating a friend's wedding weekend in June. I was born and raised just north of Detroit, but had never been over on this side of the city before. The Henry (apparently formerly a Ritz?) is a lovely hotel. The rooms are great, the employees are very nice, and the bar downstairs has a great beer selection! We had booked after the special wedding rate for our group had expired, but spoke to the front desk, and they adjusted the price for us - saving us $100 off our bill. This was very much appreciated. I went to the gym a couple times as well. Every hour or so, an employee comes in and sets out a basket of granola bars and apples, which is a nice touch. The proximity to Fairlane Town Center and the city itself, is also great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Detroit skyline
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie521
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Jennie,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for the wedding of your friend, Congratulations to them! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. TRIA sources many local products, and our Michigan Beer selection is something that they are particularly proud of. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the museum and the village. All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Was amazed at all the artwork around the hotel. Very interesting. Rooms were well appointed and extremely clean. Check in and check out went very fast and easy. We did dine one evening at the hotel restaurant. Food was very good, but well overpriced. Would stay here again if in the area.

1  Thank tansandy
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Tansandy,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent visit to The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. We pride ourselves on providing exemplary service and it is great to know when we have hit our mark. Our art work is provided by Park West gallery, we highlight different artists on each floor, so you will see new pieces depending on where you stay. Check out an art tour during your next visit, you will enjoy it. Thank you for your feedback about the restaurant. We source seasonal fresh and local goods and look for the highest quality ingredients, but we will use your comments to monitor our pricing and make adjustments when available. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have stayed at The Henry on three separate occasions over a three year period of time. The service is the star and has been so every time...very consistent quality. Great valet service and front door service. The linens and beds were so comfortable...I fell asleep immediately. The rooms are very quiet. The one bedroom suites are the most luxurious. If the regular rooms were as nice as the one bedroom suites I would call it a luxury hotel; but they are more routine....but very nice routine. The room service is quick and the food is good. The art work is more like a gallery than "hotel art". In fact the works are mostly originals and are for sale...and there are dozens and dozens of them...this hotel wins the award for best art on the walls hands down! The pool and exercise area has a country club feel to it. All in all it is the only place we will stay in the downriver area.

Room Tip: Get a one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

solascmark,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experiences with us over the years. I am pleased that we have maintained the same high level of service that we expect from ourselves for each visit. We love our Henry Beds by Lady Americana and are glad that you feel the same. I completely agree about your suggestion for a suite, although all of our guest rooms have lush appointments, the extra space to stretch out is absolutely worth it. I am pleased that you continue to enjoy our art collection from Park West Gallery, they are always changing. We look forward to continuing to welcome you back.