“Unexpected suprize”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were in Detroit on business and did not want to stay downtown so we started looking outward. We were fortunate to have found The Henry on TripAdvisor. We decided to stay there and were very impressed. The place is very nice, the staff could not have been more courteous. It is a small thing but the door man actually wore a top hat and tails. I have stayed in some pretty high end places and never experienced that.

The halls are an actual art gallery, and one floor is dedicated to sports memorabilia. You can spend hours just wandering the halls appreciating the artists creations.

Dinner in Tria, the restaurant in house, was a unique experience as well. Service was beyond expectation and the food was exceptional. The pretzel bread is worth the visit alone!

Access is easy from the highway, and a large shopping mall is just behind it.

I would gladly stay there again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Neebish
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Neebish,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your visit. We truly value our guest feedback, and I am glad to hear that it was our TripAdvisor reviews that brought you to us. It seems as though you were able to really immerse yourself in the visual and culinary arts while you were here. Our pastry chefs will be pleased to know you liked the pretzel bread so much.
I hope you have an opportunity to visit us again, our artwork is always changing.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were there for pleasure the hotel is nicely done and very quiet and comfortable. The rooms are very modern with nice artwork hanging throughout the hotel lobby is warm and inviting. Everyone made us feel at home

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Scott S

Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your September visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon; our artwork has already changed since you were here last!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Spent one night at the Henry Autograph Hotel last week. The room was a great size, comfortable beds, nice amenities. Room was a bit dusty but otherwise very clean and comfortable. Dined in the restaurant Tria for both dinner and breakfast, good food, a bit salty but generous portions, well prepared and excellent selection. Art work is all over the hotel, interesting to look at and at times over the top. The thing that sets this hotel apart from others would be the extremely friendly and helpful staff, from the valet and door man to the check in staff, waiters etc. Reasonably priced large room for 125.00 USD. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator, our room was at the end of a hall, it was perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Terryana

Terryana,
Thank you for your reflections about your visit. We hold ourselves to a high standard and we utilize our guest's feedback as an opportunity to improve. Your reflections about the room and dining have been passed to the appropriate managers.

I am pleased that you still had a lovely visit with us and experienced the high level of service that you should expect. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. If you have any other reflections please feel free to reach out to me directly.

emily.dailey@behenry.com

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed for one night for a wedding with our children. The first impression is very good as the top-hatted bellman greets you in the valet area. Upon entering the hotel we were struck by the range of art displayed and it continues throughout the hotel. My daughter and wife remarked that it was the prettiest hotel they seen. The service was excellent, and there were nice touches throughout. Comfortable beds, complimentary fruit and healthy snacks in the gym, addressed by name coming and going...a first class operation.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank garci1r
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

I am pleased that you were able to join us for this festive event. Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experiences here. You mentioned some great details about the fitness center and the decor within the hotel. We certainly hope you are able to join us again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are a nice size, updated bathrooms and comfortable bed. The restaurant has good food and good service. The lobby is nicely decorated as well

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bdl3

Thank you for reflecting on your visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere and were able to indulge at Tria. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A beautiful hotel and the art is amazing. Make time to browse the gallarys. I highly recommend it if you need to stay in Dearborn. The gym is also very nice. Make sure the Electric plug works on the desk!

Room Tip: Make sure the Electric plug works on the desk!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jill S
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Jill,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the beautiful artwork and our new fitness center. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of our anniversary weekend. This is a beautiful property I felt like I was in a museum when I stepped in the lobby. There were a few hiccups when checking in (I booked through a third party) but the staff was very apologetic and made it right very quickly. The room was beautiful and the bed and linens were amazing. I usually don't sleep well when I am away from home but this bed was very comfortable and I slept great. I guess my only complaint is that there was a large group at the hotel and the wait for the elevators was kind of annoying. Overall I would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sdoofor

Happy Anniversary!
I am pleased you were able to share your special celebration with us. We love love! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of your reservation upon your arrival. Our beds are actually "The Henry Bed" and are made just for us so they are super comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another great night's sleep. We wish you many more happy memories.

Front Office Supervisor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Hampton Inn by Hilton Detroit Dearborn
Edward Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Detroit Dearborn
TownePlace Suites Detroit Dearborn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!