“First time and loved it...”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed February 6, 2013

In August 2013, my sorority held our National Convention at The Henry, Autography Collection in Dearborn, MI. I was really taken back by the art gallery; it was simply beautiful and rather impressive. As soon as I entered the hotel, a calmness came over me and I forgot about the outside world. My room was very peaceful as well... The pool and the hot tub were definitely my favorites; just to kick back and relax. The conference rooms were very spacious and well kept. In addition, The Henry is situated not too from a mall which is within walking distance; a definite 5 stars... I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially groups looking to host a meeting/conference; the hotel is very classy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Ayana1976
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Ayana,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your visit here. I am glad that we were able to create a peaceful and productive environment for you. Our design team worked diligently to do the architecture of the building justice while allowing us the freedom to display the expressive artwork that we are so proud of. Your photo is lovely and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Enjoyed just one night a The Henry. Was at the hotel for one quick night while traveling with my son. The entire staff was very friendly. Had dinner in the restaurant and the food and drinks were wonderful. The hotel was hosting a black-tie function the evening we stayed so there was a lot of activity in the lobby and bar area. Some noise late at night in the hall, but to no fault of the hotel staff. Early morning breakfast arrived on time and was great! Will return next time in the Detroit area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travel6768
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your visit to The Henry. It is great to have a quick getaway to break up the winter chill. I am pleased that you and your son were able to enjoy Tria and the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I loved the hotel when I came in. The room, gym, restaurant - everything is great, including the food, One thing that I found not so great was the internet. I've been struggling with it. I have to say this is the worst Internet I've seen throughout my travels,

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Amit K
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel, including the rooms and our restaurant Tria.
I do apologize for the internet issues you experienced as I understand how important having a reliable internet connection is during your stay. We have addressed the issue with our internet provider and are taking steps to improve our services. Please do not hesitate to contact me at alina.lehman@behenry.com if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail.

Warmly,
Alina Lehman

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is truly a work of art. The hallways, foyers, and lobby areas are filled with artwork. Some of the pieces are for sale and others are owned by the hotel.

If you love art, I would recommend staying at this hotel with one caveat; you don't need fast Internet in your room. The free Internet in the lobby was acceptable but the room is too slow to have a productive work session; good for basic email only.

The room was spacious, clean, and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was well appointed. The room had a comfortable desk with two chairs, and a also a padded chair and ottoman. This is a Marriot property so you can build points for that reward program. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant last night and the service and food was very good. The wine list in limited but there was a few nice picks on the list.

The staff was accommodating and friendly, Room has single cup brew system for coffee and tea. The hotel is conveniently located near Ford Motor Company's headquarters so if you are coming to do business with Ford, this would be the ideal location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Brian P

Brian,
Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about your visit here at The Henry. I am pleased that you were able to engulf yourself in the artwork that we are so proud of, that you found the room to be comfortable, and service was to the high standards you should expect. I regret that the internet was not to this same high standard. Please know that your concerns have been addressed with our internet provider and we are working to improve the speed and stability of our network. Should you have any other reflections about your visit please reach out to me and let me know.
emily.dailey@behenry.com

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were here Dec, 2011. I have to say, I really liked this hotel. Now we were in town for a basketball tournament and it was not far from that location. It's a strange hotel of this caliber for this particular location. It's in a commercial office complex area. But don't let that detour you from staying here. The Hotel is large and elegant and the service impeccable. The rooms were very comfortable although it could use some updating for the most part, everything was extremely well maintained. I was lucky enough to enjoy a last minute massage at the little spa downstairs. The massage was great and I appreciate the last minute accommodation by the concierge to bring in their masseuse, that's what I call service! The staff there seem to go out of their way to make any requests you may have and that rates highly with me. We enjoyed an evening cocktail in the beautiful bar one night and we noticed the restaurant seems to be busy even though the hotel was not. We enjoyed their breakfast the following morning it was delicious and worth the price and again it was very busy so it must be a popular restaurant with the locals. We enjoyed visiting The Henry Ford museum which was so close. The location cant be beat seems to be an easy treck to most areas of downtown Detroit. I would absolutely stay here again and this is my choice next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tedandlisa90
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Ted and Lisa,

Thank you for sharing your reflections about your visit. "Impeccable Service" is exactly what we strive to deliver. I am glad that you were able to enjoy TRIA and services by Sylvia Spa during your visit. I hope you are able to join us again soon. We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you ever wanted to stay in a five star hotel without leaving your local suburb, this is the place. Fine dining, elegant spa, fantastic art gallery, outstanding skyline views and world class lodging all rolled into one.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JTET

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am pleased that you found our hotel to be a suburban oasis. We pride ourselves on creating an impeccable experience for all of our guests whether for business, vacation, or staycation. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

5 minutes to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, 20 minutes to downtown Detroit. Beautifully appointed, much more elegant on inside than you would think. Rooms were very, very nice, staff was great and it was easy to get everywhere and reasonably priced. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank thunderball7777

Thank you for taking time out of your day to reflect on your visit with us. We appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!