“Very good hotel for business travelers”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Very good hotel for business travelers”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Came to Detroit for business purposes. Large room, good bed. Like the overall design and the arts collection on thewalls. Tria bar is fine and staff is very helpful. Wi-fi is not 100% perfect, but OK, could keep it from the room to the lobby, did not have too many cuts (I think one over the stay). My only negative comments would be: cleaning of the room is not 100% (small mirror in bathroom not perfect), safe is small, and breakfast downstairs opens only at 6:30am. The overall location is OK for business depending on where you have to go, but I would not choose it for tourism.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Armand B
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Armand,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about your visit to The Henry. Your feedback is an imperative tool for improving. Our management team reviews all comments to ensure that all opportunities to improve are taken.
Please be aware that should you need a safe larger than the in-room safe, they are available for your use at the reception desk.
Should you have any other reflections about your visit please do not hesitate to reach out to me. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Emily P Dailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here while visiting Detroit for the auto show. It is convenient to the airport, has a great restaurant, and a staff which is possibly the most pleasant we have ever met. No negatives at all. Beautiful artwork throughout adds to the whole experience. When we return, it will be to The Henry.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan S
Susan,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. The NAIAS was fantastic this year! I am pleased that we were able to help make this a great trip for you. We pride ourselves on our impeccable service; I am pleased this is what you experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mount pleasant, MI
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Looking to visit the Detroit Zoo and Detroit Institute of Arts, we were fortunate enough to find a deal here on Hotels.com. The room, lobby, and restaurant were immaculate, as was the indoor swimming pool, an absolute essential feature for my 7 year old. I almost always avoid hotel restaurants, but we were exhausted after a long day at the zoo and decided to risk it. Couldn't have been happier we did. The food was excellent. Especially recommend sharing a couple of the small plates as an appetiser, going for a swim, and coming back for one's entree. Regular room rates are well beyond our budget ($300+ per night) but will certainly be on the lookout for discount deals here in future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gibbro
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit. I am pleased that your family was able to stay with us for your visit to the zoo and museum. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed in The Hanry as substitute for the originaly booked hotel, and I am so glad we took the chance on it!
Marriot also upgraded our room . Roms are pritty spacious, Bartholomäus too, beds are very comfortable, which was must for me as I suffer with back problems.
Nothing was too much for the staff, they actualy opened their Kitchen very Late for US so we can have supper delivered in our room, after we arrived very Late from Europe.
The Hottel is conviniatly situated close to quite Big Shopping Mall ( across the parking Lot) and very Easy acces to the motorway,yet close to Michigen Ave ( heart of Dearborn)
Loved the Bar and lounge in the Hotel. We meet up with some Friends for Beer and had light dinner served there.. Athmosphere is quite pleasant. The artwork in the Lobby is delight. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Henry.

Room Tip: We were on the 6 th floor and had great vistas over Dearborn and the saroundings. Also less noise fr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We are pleased that you were able to give us a try here at The Henry as well. We hope to make each experience memorable and unique and it is great to hear that "nothing was too much for the staff." Our bed, “The Henry Bed,” is made specifically for the hotel here in Michigan, as your primary goal here is sleep it certainly should be comfortable. Thank you for your kind words about Tria and the artwork within our hotel. It sounds like we were truly able to stimulate all of your sences during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Should you have any other reflections about your visit please reach out to me directly.

Geniet van vandaag!
Emily Dailey
Front Office Supervisor
Emily.Dailey@BeHenry.com
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The staff was exceptional! The property was very clean. Wi Fi and cell phone reception was lousy!! There were also issues with water drainage in the bathtub, as well as a lack of hot water. Overall I was very pleased with my stay, but would like to see these issues addressed before I return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your visit to The Henry. We pride ourselves on an exemplary hotel and feedback like yours is an imperative tool for our improvement. Please know that we are working with our providers to improve our internet speed and stability for our guests. I have relayed you other comments to the appropriate departments and they are being addressed. Our executive team reviews all comments about the hotel to ensure that all opportunities for improvement are followed up on. Should you have any other reflections about your visit I welcome a chance to hear them. I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Front Office Supervisor
Emily.dailey@behenry.com
Chicago
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I didnt see anything special....in fact I have quite a few complaints...this is a pet o.k. hotel, fine, but why not put them on the same floor, why should the dog in the room down the hall keep me up at 1:00 a.m. yapping??? The toilet bowl was dirty when I checked in, I called them and let them know to tell the housekeeper to clean it the next day, next day it looked like it hadnt been touched...I found a supposed clean towel soiled with something yellow all over it. I found the rooms to be tiny, a double bed room is 2 full beds. The bedding didnt have a comforter on it, but instead 2 sheets and a thermal type blanket, which was very cheap in my opinion for a "better" class hotel. When I reserved I asked for extra towels, reservation said that wasnt guaranteed, how hard is it to run a few extra towels up to a guests room. I thought that most of the art through out the hotel was ugly. I like that the breakfast buffet is included. The disney hotel I stayed at was better caliber and cleaner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from dogs!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ItsmeFifi
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to the Henry. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your visit and am extremely disappointed to hear that you experienced cleanliness issues as well. We take great pride in our cleanliness standards and can assure you your concerns have been addressed. Once again, I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay as it helps us evaluate areas of improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at alina.lehman@behenry.com if you would like to discuss your visit in more detail.
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Had our wedding here. Exceeded our Expectations by 10 stars. The service, food, and everything above was the best. We literally felt like a million bucks from the time we checked in and throughout or stay.

We returned for weekend getaways and quality r&r.
You will not regret or forget about your stay!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jimmyboy84
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
First off, I would like to say congratulations on your marriage and thank you for choosing us to host one of the most important days in your life! I am thrilled to hear that the reception service and food exceeded your expectations. We know what an important day it is for our couples and have an amazing culinary and banquet team to ensure the event is special and is one to remember. I am pleased to see that you have returned since your wedding and hope to welcome you back soon.
Warmly,
Alina Lehman
Director of Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
MGM Grand Detroit
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,063 reviews

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!