“Wedding”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
“Wedding”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Had our wedding here. Exceeded our Expectations by 10 stars. The service, food, and everything above was the best. We literally felt like a million bucks from the time we checked in and throughout or stay.

We returned for weekend getaways and quality r&r.
You will not regret or forget about your stay!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jimmyboy84
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
First off, I would like to say congratulations on your marriage and thank you for choosing us to host one of the most important days in your life! I am thrilled to hear that the reception service and food exceeded your expectations. We know what an important day it is for our couples and have an amazing culinary and banquet team to ensure the event is special and is one to remember. I am pleased to see that you have returned since your wedding and hope to welcome you back soon.
Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable and typical of a Marriott stay. Pool was terribly cold for indoor "heated". WiFi in room very slow. Front desk and doorman really made the stay enjoyable. They always greeted us by name and welcomed in and out of the hotel. Rooms are spacious and well taken care of. Overall pleased with the stay.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Phatpkts
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Henry. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff interactions you had were pleasant. We hold ourselves at a high service standard and out ambassadors at the Henry truly care about our guests and their experience. I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the internet and the indoor pool. Your feedback is imperative to our improvement and I will make sure the issues you experienced are addressed with the appropriate staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you next time you are visiting the Dearborn area.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've stayed at dozens of hotels in the Detroit area and this is the best by far. It's got great service, clean rooms, fantastic food, and beautiful original art work throughout - so unique they have a TV channel dedicated to the hotel's art collection. The restaurant's pasta marinara is to die for! This time I splurged and stayed on the Executive level, which includes breakfast; all-day coffee, sodas and snacks; happy hour drinks; and access to a computer and printer. It was well worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: Pay to stay on the executive floor -- it's well worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to the Henry. I am glad you enjoyed your return visit to the Hotel and that you were able to experience the services we have to offer on our club level floor. We appreciate your loyalty to the Henry and look forward to your return visit.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Guests here are surrounded by artwork typically found in high-end collections or museums. The Henry is well suited for such pieces as the lovely environment lens itself both to fine art and fine accomodations. The staff is friendly and helpful and the restaurant, bar, and lounge areas are welcoming and well run,.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Henry. I am pleased you had a good stay and that you were able to enjoy some of the artwork we have displayed throughout the hotel. We are partnered with Park West, a local Gallery that provides an exceptional collection of fine art exhibited throughout the hotel and on each guest floor. Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us while visiting the area. We hope to see you during your next visit to Dearborn!
Palm Springs
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Autograph Collection from Marriott are hotels of the highest standard, and in my opinion rivaling their Ritz Carlton portfolio. This hotel is actually formerly a Ritz Carlton and the hotel is absoluting one of the nicest hotels in the country in my opion. The service is impecable. The food is the most creative I've seen from a hotel kitchen. The rooms are great- both rich in funishings and modern with ammenties. Great pool and gym also. I love this hotel and would return anytime. The management clearly knows what they're doing.

Room Tip: See Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum while you're there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EvanPSP
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences or TripAdvisor. We strive to create a unique and memorable experience for each guest, and I am pleased you enjoyed yours! Being part of the Autograph Collection gives us the freedom to give our rooms a modern feel and highlight some fantastic local artists. We are continuing to improve our public spaces. It was recommendations from our guests that prompted us to revitalize the fitness center that you enjoyed.

What a great tip about visiting the Henry Ford Museum, there is so much history!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please reach out to me if I may assist you with any future reservations.
Enjoy today!
Emily P Dailey
Northwestern PA
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is not the first time that we stayed at The Henry. The physical property is fantastic and hotel is lovely. Rooms are clean and everything is well maintained.

We arrived and were warmly greeted. We had four rooms reserved for a mini family reunion. I was given a room on the Concierge level since I am a Gold member and the clerk also placed my family nearby. I appreicated her thoughtfulness in doing that. Our room was close the elevator which is a plus since my husband can't walk long distances. The bellman was so accommodating. After he took care of the bags, he offered to get us some ice. Once again the thoughtfulness was much appreciated.

We were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive and my husband had a hamburger in the hotel restuarant. Allan was our waiter and very accommodating the perfect service. We wanted to order a burger for our son in law and Allan timed it so that it was ready just as they walked in the door.

Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is none other than great. The food was really great for a buffet and you can also order waffles or omlets. Once again the service was beyond fantastic. They were there if you needed something but not hovering over you.

Breakfast the second morning was even more special because of our waiter Paul. He was a delight and when my granddaughter ordered ice cream (I know - but she did eat all her breakfast and it was a special occasion). She wanted only vanilla but he brought it out with chocolate sauce on the side (even though she said she didn't want it she did put it on the ice cream) and large chocolate chip cookies.

Valet parking was so easy and they were so accommodating as well. Never had to wait long for the car and instantly there when we drove up.

We were so busy this time we didn't get to use the pool but we have used it on previous visits and it is lovely.

NOW FOR THE PART I WAS NOT PLEASED WITH

As much as I really like this place, we probably would pass on staying here again. Everything about this place is wonderful and the staff exceptional however the cater to youth hockey teams. The young pre-teen and teen boys were in my opnion out of control. Running the hallways pushing and shoving, generally disruptive and totally ignore the young woman who told them to stop. Unfortunately the pack of young men descended on the concierge lounge where my family was gathered and they were loud and obnoxious, making a mess with the coffee machine, etc. Not sure how they got on the concierge floor since it key controled but I assume one of the parents had access. The were so loud and disruptive our small family was forced to leave the lounge area until they left. If I plan a trip to Dearborn before I go I will make certain no team will be at the hotel. Otherwise, I will stay somewhere else even though I really like this hotel.

I realize Marriott has no control of these disruptive young people and I enjoy young people I just don't like loud, rude and obxnious.

With that said you cannot go wrong at this property as long as they are not taken over by a team of some kind. I gave the hote 3 stars because of the issues stated above but it is really a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lovinlife1245
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent trip to the Henry. I am happy to see that you received great service from our Henry Ambassadors as they truly care about our guests and ensuring they have a memorable experience. I do apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay and would like to assure we are taking the proper steps to ensure we have quiet areas of the hotel for our guests to relax. Please do not hesitate to contact me at alina.lehman@behenry.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. We do hope you decide to stay with us next time you are in the Dearborn area.
Warmly
Troy, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Love the design and personality - arts on the wall, grand piano in the ballroom, unique decor, beautiful chandeliers...A boutique feel.

There is also a gallery on site that offers guests a tour of the arts - guests also get a piece of art reprint for free.

The room is contemporary and very bright.

Great service, courteous staff.

Very reasonable price.

Convenient location, close to Fairlane Town Center Mall and Ford HQs. The area surrounding it is nice and safe.

Absolutely love it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Knapweed
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel, including the art work and the newly renovated rooms. We hope to see you again next time you are visiting the area.
Alina Lehman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Edward Village Michigan
Edward Village Michigan
#12 of 18 in Dearborn

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!