“Excellent property”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Burlington, Canada
“Excellent property”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We actually stayed here this past week during a hockey tournament. To be honest, I was surprised that this hotel is a partner for tournaments .... but it was a lovely treat for the parents to stay in such a well appointed property! The rate was excellent, although travelling with a family I prefer properties that include breakfast. The restaurant looked lovely, but too expensive for families.

The service is excellent ... very attentive and polite. The only two odd things have to do with housekeeping .... they didn't show up til late afternoon on our 2nd day AND we only had 2 bath towels, even though they knew we had four people.

Lovely rooms.

The best part is the decor .... the art really sets this property apart. Fabulous atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sls_ontario
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We are pleased you were able to stay with us during your tournament. We pride ourselves on impeccable service, and your feedback is an invaluable tool for us to continue improving. If you have any additional reflections about your visit I welcome an opportunity to hear them. I look forward to an opportunity welcome you back again.

emily.dailey@behenry.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Atlanta
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I Anne's a weekend in Detroit to visit the Henry Ford Museam and Greenfield Village. I found the Henry on line and booked it. When I arrived at this Marriott was I ever surprised. A long term Ritz. Carlton, it had all the class, service, and feel of a Ritz. Great location for my visit

Perfect hotel, staff, and room... Perfect from a world traveller! That is not easy!

Marty, the doorman, can give you sage advice on any resturant, any event, and added to my overall experience!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank SouthernTravel
Thank you for joining us while you were in the area visiting The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. I appreciate that you took time out of your day to share some of your experiences here. As a world traveler you have the opportunity to see many styles of service and I am pleased that the wonderful Marty and the rest of our team were able to deliver a high caliber of service. I trust that you enjoyed the Museum and Village; I hope you are able to visit us again and see some of the other great history and culture in the area.

Mumbai
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The property is really nice with large rooms and a very nice bar/restaurant. I didnt have enough time to check out the other amenities but they seemed very nice.
One complaint that I had was the time taken to check-in. It took me almost 30 minutes to check in thaat too when there were only 2 people in front of me. By the time I had checked in there was a long queue behind me. It is very irritating when you have come down after a long flight.
Also initially at the bar no one knew where to seat us though there were a lot of empty tables. But later it was really great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank arsenal789
Alina L, Director of Guest Services at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Henry while visiting the Dearborn area. We appreciate your feedback as the satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. I apologize that you had to wait in line for an extended amount of time at check-in as it must have been very frustrating after a long day of travel. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the issue further so I can identify when and how it happened and take the proper steps to ensure it does not continue to happen in the future. You can contact me at alina.lehman@behenry.com or call the hotel directly and ask for Alina. Once again, thank you again for staying at the Henry and for your feedback regarding your experience.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Henry is a former Ritz-Carlton--while the service standards generally remain, the hotel was attractively renovated to support its new boutique-y image within Marriott's Autograph Collection. Overall, I found the service and rooms product to be excellent. The fitness center is a bit tired--particularly the machines. Also, I would have preferred the pool to be heated (or at least warmer than it was).

One terrific aspect about this hotel is that it doesn't force the heavy-handed tipping that you get at many luxury hotels. I prefer luxury that is unobtrusive--this place fits the bill. The internet and parking were complementary, which is nice too. Overall, I strongly recommend The Henry for a Detroit area stay.

Room Tip: I liked a view overlooking the Ford HQs--even if I could see the valet from below.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank milerunner
We are glad that you were able to join us for your recent visit to Dearborn. Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about the Hotel. We strive to provide impeccable service and outlets like TripAdvisor allow us another opportunity to improve that service. Based on recommendations from our guests we are working to improve our public spaces, specifically the fitness center, and we look forward to upgrading our machines soon.

I am pleased that the Upscale-Casual service we strive to offer was both equitable to our Ritz Carlton origins but still relaxed enough to be unpresuming.

We look forward to welcoming you back again. If you have any other reflections you would like to share please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel looks unpresuming from the outside, but the hotel inside is wonderful. The lobby is full of beautiful art, and very pleasant and modern mouldings and woodwork and color. This hotel does not feel at all like your typical Marriott or Hilton, it genuinely feels different. The restaurant in the lobby had fantastic food for lunch. Their chef had a large selection, and i was pleased with everything i ordered. The room was wonderful, modern, clean, perfect. If i have any reason to return to the area, I'm definately staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RockyP95
Emily D, Front Office Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your visit with us at The Henry. As an Autograph collection hotel we strive to create a unique atmosphere unlike other "cookie cutter" hotels. This is exactly the reaction we look for from new guests. We have passed along your comments to our chef, who is still continuing to improve Tria with seasonal menus that highlight locally sourced fresh, healthy ingredients. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here for the first time recently while in town on business. The property itself is beautiful, and it was interesting looking at all the artwork displayed in the lobby and through the adjoining hallways.

My room was large and clean but it had a musty smell which was puzzling. I had concerns about that due to my asthma, and I had to set the room temperature to a very cool setting to help alleviate the mustiness. Other than that, the room had everything I needed, the bathroom was a good size, and the bed was comfortable.

What differentiates this hotel from many others is the high level of courtesy and service provided by its staff. The bellman was very friendly, the desk clerks were helpful, the wait staff in the restaurant where I had breakfast were courteous. When I called the front desk for help with one or two things, they were extremely pleasant. Room service was delivered promptly.and efficiently. The concierge staff were quite nice. Everyone I encountered during my three day stay seemed to be well trained in customer service, and each person delivered service with a smile and willingness to help. This is a hallmark of a very well run hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TallBlonde
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to detail your stay here at The Henry. I regret that your room did not meet the high standard that we set for ourselves. We strive to create a seamless experience and your feedback is important for us the achieve that. I certainly hope that you were able to inform us of the condition in your room during your visit; please know that we are always here to assist you and aid in your comfort. I am overjoyed to hear that you had positive experiences with our ambassadors all throughout the hotel. I certainly hope that you are able to visit with us again. If there is anything I can do to be of assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Medina, Minnesota
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and would come back any time. Clean, good food, well appointed. The art and sports memoribilia in the lobby and throughout hotel is amazing. Staff is very attentive and curteous. I am a frequent traveler and finally found my hotel in Detroit area to stay at.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DoBeyondToday
Emily D, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Brian, We are pleased that you finally found your Detroit/Dearborn hotel when you come to visit. I am glad that you enjoyed the art throught the hotel furnished by Park West Gallery. Should you need any assistance with your future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know. We look forward to creating a unique experience each time you visit us.

Emily D
Emily.dailey@behenry.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Edward Village Michigan
Edward Village Michigan
#12 of 18 in Dearborn

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!