All reviewsritz carltonart galleryfor salebeautiful hotelthe club loungeon displayupscale hotelself parkingdetroit areagreenfield villageexercise roomwould highly recommend this hotelbed was very comfortablebreakfast buffetshopping mallthe concierge levelfitness center
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Henry many times now on business, and have enjoyed it tremendously. The staff are excellent, particularly the bell staff, who make an effort to know you by name. The hotel is known for its art collection, which is beautiful - something for everyone's tastes. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the gym serviceable, and the restaurant very good, but with limited healthy options. But it is the service that sets it apart. Helpful tip: take a Metro Car (executive car service) from the airport for a flat fee of $35.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The Henry is a former Ritz Carlton. According to the history. the hotel was built 21 years ago and then Marriott bought it as a part of their recent "Autograph Collection". The hotel has the feel and interior architecture of an older, "classic" hotel but with most of the modern amenities. Check in was flawless and very well mannered. We were greeted at the front door by a person in top hat and tails. The room was very spacious. The internet was included in the room rate and had generally very good speed. A good choice of TV channels. 24-hour room service was available. The bedding was very comfortable. The concierge lounge had an impressive array of snacks and space with some nice views of the surrouding area. The only "flaws" and why I have it rated at 4 out of 5 is there was no services binder in the room which would have described all of the things the hotel had to offer, no in-room refrigerator, and a lack of towels at times. Still, we had a wonderful visit and the rate was quite reasonable for it. The location was only a couple of miles to the Henry Ford Museum (though the instructions given by the hotel were not perfect) and there were several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert_B037
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed there on Mar 3, 2012 and thought it was just wonderful. Check-in was very quick. Clean, spacious room, free wifi, nice indoor pool and hot tub. My kids got a kick out of the top-hatted doorman who was super-friendly and well versed in Hello Kitty. I'd go back in a heartbeat. The Sunday morning brunch was rather expensive for what it was - $20 per adult - so I think I would hesitate to eat there again. The quality was ok but a rather limited selection for that amount of money. And the service was painfully slow.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stfdgirl
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The service at this hotel has declined since the name changed from the Ritz Carleton. I had my wedding guests stay at the Henry. When I secured the room block, I was told that in order to secure a large room block I had to put down my credit card. I had no trouble doing so, as I expected a large group. Then the woman in charge of reservations encouraged me not to put my card down, as they would contact me well in advance if the hotel was anywhere near full. The hotel was essentially full when they contacted me, and my guests were being denied the negotiated rate and told that they must pay full price. Many of my guests were disappointed because they could not afford the full price.

In addition, I held a brunch on the Sunday after my wedding. I searched for someone after the brunch in order to settle the bill and was told that it would be put on my room charge. When I tried checking out, they told me that my room had already been taken care of. In the months to come, it was discovered that the hotel had charged me once for the breakfast and had also charged my brother for the same breakfast. The hotel noticed this discrepancy and refunded my charge instead of my brothers. When they contacted me to right the problem, they refused to credit my brother's account, which is illegal, since he was not in any way financially responsible for the bill. I was totally outraged.

That being said, the breakfast was lovely and the honeymoon suite was very nice. They even had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Gusto41
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in November 2011 and could not find anything to complain about. From the service right when we pulled up at the door, to the front desk, the room (free wi-fi!), the restaurant, the lobby, the location... EVERYTHING was top quality.
We travel to Dearborn a couple times in the year, and have previously stayed at The Hyatt and the Dearborn Inn Marriott, but despite both being excellent choices, The Henry trumps them both.
We would stay here next time without thinking twice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family